Thread: Secure Boot certificate assigned for every Windows 8 Bootloader

Secure Boot certificate assigned for every Windows 8 Bootloader

I have just heard from a magazine saying that every boot process that is involved in windows 8 will be assigned a Secure Boot certificate it will be designed in such a way that it needs a password for every access into it. gaining access to the booting process does becomes a lot difficult. BIOS have been manipulated and hence it will now become increasingly difficult for the hackers to develop some ploy for the same, so that’s what I want to say here.

So hope you all are understanding what I am saying here, do have a good look at the same and if there is anything else that you need to know then do feel free to ask here. I am waiting for the replies from you all on the same.

Re: Secure Boot certificate assigned for every Windows 8 Bootloader

Quote Originally Posted by bIbEkS View Post
    I have just heard from a magazine saying that every boot process that is involved in windows 8 will be assigned a Secure Boot certificate it will be designed in such a way that it needs a password for every access into it. gaining access to the booting process does becomes a lot difficult. BIOS have been manipulated and hence it will now become increasingly difficult for the hackers to develop some ploy for the same, so that’s what I want to say here.

So hope you all are understanding what I am saying here, do have a good look at the same and if there is anything else that you need to know then do feel free to ask here. I am waiting for the replies from you all on the same.
    Yes you are absolutely correct you know what Samsung people for a change has experimented the same with their tablets and all installing the latest windows 8 developer preview. They have given the option of disabling the secured boot in their devices and hence I think they have implemented the same here as well, that’s what I am saying here. you will be doing this kind opf action at your risk the company people by no means will be no responsible if there is any threat involved in it, there is a option to disable the secure boot with UEFI option, so that’s one thing that you can have a check for sure.

I am sure it will be like OEM Windows 8 will not be getting the option of boot if the secure boot is disabled from it that’s what I think over here, I hope you did understand what I am saying here.

It is always better to not to use the OEM disc if you are thinking of installing the operating system via. Piracy method i.e. through the pirated discs. You will be allowed to boot even when the safe booting is disabled from there, so hope you did understand what I am saying here, so do have a good look at the same. That’s what I want to say here, hope that was clear for you.

Porting the OA3.0 to a BIOS is a very difficult task that’s what I feel here, the OA3.0 will be implemented into UEFI only. Now to get an access to the OA3.0 you should be needing a digital signature as well, that’s what I want to say here.

So getting an access to the bios in windows 8 would be a very much difficult thing that’s what I think and feel over here. so that’s my opinion.

I don’t think so there would be any problem with it since what I feel is that no matter what point of the day it is they will have to share the OEM-Tool with us. If you remember the IBM fiasco with Windows 7 OEM disc then it had got into a grave problem at that time also OEM had to reveal out everything, so that’s what the actual plan is of the developers to think about the strategy and then implement it accordingly that’s what I am saying here, so hope you all did understand what I am saying here, that’s it from my side for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by CGale View Post
    I don’t think so there would be any problem with it since what I feel is that no matter what point of the day it is they will have to share the OEM-Tool with us. If you remember the IBM fiasco with Windows 7 OEM disc then it had got into a grave problem at that time also OEM had to reveal out everything, so that’s what the actual plan is of the developers to think about the strategy and then implement it accordingly that’s what I am saying here, so hope you all did understand what I am saying here, that’s it from my side for you all.
    I second you on that what I want to say is that UEFI and the choice of Secure Boot is a condition necessary for OEM-preinstalled Windows 8 machines, Microsoft did talk about the same in their UEFI sessions at BUILD; so now we can clearly say that OEM licensing should be integrated into EFI firmware in some way or the another what say guys?

See let me explain you in simple words what I am saying here is that

BIOS which is not digitally signed does allows to run the unsigned bootloaders, but on checking with the U(EFI) specification 2.3.1 there is no secure boot.
    Now take the case of (U) EFI which is digitally signed that allows to run signed bootloaders only in case if you have thought that you will mimic the signature and then try running it then let me tell you that you will not be able to run it at all. the same strategy has been applied by the Intel, so now what I can say is that without signing you will not be able to boot the windows 8 at all, so hope you did understand what I am saying here, that’s it from my side for you all.

Ok, the concept is much clear now indeed it is a very difficult process for sure and I would like to say thanks to you all for giving that support that’s simply great I feel here, that’s it from my side for you all.