Thread: Gaming experience in Windows 8 Developer Preview Build 8102

Gaming experience in Windows 8 Developer Preview Build 8102

I just wanted to ask this question with you all whether anyone has tried playing some games with this developer preview of windows 8. That’s what I want to say here, so I was very much interested to know who all have actually played the game with the Windows 8 Developer Preview Build 8102. I just want to know the experience of playing the game with it, so that’s what I want to say here. so any of you all who have played the game in it then do let me know about the same I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same.

Re: Gaming experience in Windows 8 Developer Preview Build 8102

Quote Originally Posted by BALFOUR View Post
    I just wanted to ask this question with you all whether anyone has tried playing some games with this developer preview of windows 8. That’s what I want to say here, so I was very much interested to know who all have actually played the game with the Windows 8 Developer Preview Build 8102. I just want to know the experience of playing the game with it, so that’s what I want to say here. so any of you all who have played the game in it then do let me know about the same I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same.
    I have tried many games such as GTA IV, COD BO, MOH, Crysis 2, Shift 2 and it has worked fine It so that’s the experience that I would like to share here.
    If anyone of you all have played the game then do let me know about it for the same that’s what I want to say here, anyways if you all have played any other games then do let me know about the same.

For me Dirt 2 and Dirt 3 did not work in me, it was the x64 version I don’t know but the game did lag a lot and was refusing to startup after the lag, so that was a bit frustrating for me, so I uninstalled those games from the system. I haven’t tried any other games though but these two games did not work for me at all that’s what I can say over here.

I cannot find the reason why the above mentioned games are not running in your system I would say that you have a check with the graphic cards. Operating system is no where related to the games performance at all. yes there might be some difference but the difference is not so huge that the game starts getting lagged and all. I don’t think so that can be the reason over here so that’s what I want to say here. anyways what I am saying is that you check out with the drivers of the graphic card and update it accordingly install DirectX and you will be fine that’s what I think over here. that’s it from my side for you all, hope you have got the necessary information on the same that’s it from my side for you all.

Dude my system is updated with the latest graphic card drivers and all. so don’t give me that suggestions to update and all. The necessary changes that I have got is in the change in the operating system, so that’s what I want to say here.

So the final thing is that the game does not do well with the windows 8 developer preview that’s what the conclusion that I can derive over here, hope you have understood what I am saying here, that’s it from my side for you all.

The following are the games that did work for me In the windows 8 develop preview
    - Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
    - Darksiders
    - Need for speed world
    - Deus Ex Human Revolution
    - F.E.A.R 3
    I am testing it with more such games and I will surely update it over here after some days, I hope the list does proves helpful to some of the guys over here.

I have played my favorite game named as League of Legends in it and it is working fine in it and I am very much happy with the game that is running I would love to see the beta version of the game coming up soon so that I would actually implement some of the tactics in it that’s what my actual plan is hopefully it will get implemented soon that’s what I am saying here.

I have been hearing that Microsoft will be coming up with a lot of inbuild games in the early builds of windows 8. So expect some good hardcore games to be built in such that we can enjoy it internally and no need to target the games through download. So I would be a very happy person going with the windows 8 if they are coming up with some good games like solitare, fifa and all. I would be the first person to go and get the windows 8 for me that’s what I want to say here. in the develop preview they have added some apps which I don’t think so would be much useful at all, that’s what I feel here, so that’s what I want to say here. in fact I am hoping that beta version will be coming up with some good games.

Have anyone checked Minecraft 1.9 and Sims 3 in windows 8? I am a big fun of both these games I am very much interested to know if there is someone who has targeted this game with windows 8? If there is someone then do let me know about it. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same so do reply accordingly over here.

Yes I have played sims 3 and one of my friends did checked the Minecraft 1.9 pre released version as well nd it is working absolutely fine, so I know you must be glad hearing about this news that’s the impact of the windows 8 and I am sure that you would love to hear more about the same that’s what I want to say here. so hope that was enough or you all.