Thread: Unable to turn off the Smart Screen in Windows 8

Unable to turn off the Smart Screen in Windows 8

I checked in the action center of the windows 8 and I did try turning off the smart screen and the action did not get implemented at all, so can you all tell me if you all also have faced the same problem and if your response is yes then do tell me about the same that will be much better for me. also if you have some options by which I would be able to make them actually off then do tell me about it. It would be much better for me that’s what I think here, anyways do reply with the appropriate response.

Re: Unable to turn off the Smart Screen in Windows 8

Yes you are right it won’t and let me tell you that it won’t in this edition may be the beta version that will be coming up next month will surely be showing some changes for sure, so you can check out for the same in the beta version that would be my advise for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveyboo View Post
    Yes you are right it won’t and let me tell you that it won’t in this edition may be the beta version that will be coming up next month will surely be showing some changes for sure, so you can check out for the same in the beta version that would be my advise for you.
    I am wondering if there is a group policy setting involved in it since I have tried it with all the browsers in my system, and frankly speaking it did not work for me at all, so that’s why I am thinking that if there is some kind of group policy involved in it then do let me know about the same, so that it would be better understanding for me.

Yes you are absolutely correct about the same that’s what I am saying here so what I want to say is that when you go to the computer config. Then go to the admin templates, next you will find all settings and then turn on/off windows smart screen. On double clicking it you will be able to get to see the placeholder. If you go and make any changes there then the changes in the smart screen does not stick at all, so I hope you did understand what I am saying here, so do have a good look at the same and in case if there is anything that you need to know then do forward your suggestions over here I will try and work on the same that’s what I want to say here.

I think so probably a good decision taken by the developers on the same see there can be various reasons why they have planned for such kind o actions and one of the best possible reason would be the probability of attack of virus that’s what I want to say here.

I would advise you to probably go and check for the EICAR file that would give a good advise about the same, that’s what I am saying here.

See what I think over here is that I would not mind if Microsoft looks out for what software I am using or which kind of program I have downloaded however it would of much concern for me had if it goes ahead and starts searching in the registry entry, that is simply unacceptable for me. on changing the default url handler from Internet Explorer to Firefox, I realized that One has to change the file associations as well n the protocol section. So that’s what people should be aware of and I am sure that it would be the same case with everybody over here.

Don’t you all think that this would a pure case of breach of privacy? I think this should not happen as far as I know why should Microsoft know that which software we are downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by Latika View Post
    Don’t you all think that this would a pure case of breach of privacy? I think this should not happen as far as I know why should Microsoft know that which software we are downloading?
    Smartscreen have been a part of IE for a moment or two lest folks haven't noticed. The thought is to currently make it OS wide in all the computers. Hopefully I think in the beta, they should be disabling it though I don’t think so there should be a suggestion to disable it. a admin approval and running it will not give any kind of harm at all the users will be warned accordingly as if it is going to be affected or not. Have you all heard of UAC then it is somewhere related to that only that’s what I am saying here, so hope you all do understand what I am saying here.

So there is no question of breach of piracy at all that’s what I think here.

Yes implementing the UAC would definitely would do and even I would support this idea for sure no issues over there, that’s what I want to say here. so going all the rights to admin wouldn’t harm anything at all, that’s what I feel.