Thread: Is there any difference in Windows 8 DP and Windows 8?

Is there any difference in Windows 8 DP and Windows 8?

I just want to ask that is there a major difference between the 2 apart from the programming apps and ISO size I don’t think so there is any major difference at all between the developer edition and also the main edition of the windows 8. If there is any pro’s or cons’ then do let me know about it as soon as possible n the same that’s what I am saying here.

So do let me know about it as soon as possible that’s what I want to say here, so do reply on the same.

Re: Is there any difference in Windows 8 DP and Windows 8?

Quote Originally Posted by Am_Charlie View Post
    I just want to ask that is there a major difference between the 2 apart from the programming apps and ISO size I don’t think so there is any major difference at all between the developer edition and also the main edition of the windows 8. If there is any pro’s or cons’ then do let me know about it as soon as possible n the same that’s what I am saying here.

So do let me know about it as soon as possible that’s what I want to say here, so do reply on the same.
    Yes there would be changes that’s for sure, I mean how come you can ask such type of questions over here, yes there would be considerable amount of difference that’s what I feel here, it’s a developers preview and the next one that will be coming up would be the beta version and next the final version. So basically these versions are the one that is being d eveloped by the developers and is made to use for the public to test it and let then come back with the feedback to what they actually felt about the product.

So hope that was clear for you that’s it from my side for you.

I would be expecting some modifications to the taskbar, start screen, and explorer, that’s what I am expecting I don’t think so there will be many changes at all that’s what I feel here, I would also want to see some changes in the desktop icons as well over here but I don’t know if they will be incorporating those changes at all, however that’s a issue that we should discuss but I don’t know if that will be implemented, so that’s what I am saying here, I hope you all do understand what I am saying here, that’s what I want to say here.

So lets see if they are actually implementing those changes that’s what I need to know about.

In the DP you will be getting the developer tools as well , so what are the benefits of the developers tool is that yo will be getting some developer tool with it so that if you want to incorporate some changes it in then you can go ahead and try out some changes whatever you want, that’s what I am saying here. so do have a good look about the same. if you don’t want then you can go ahead with the installation of the 32/64 bit version of windows 8, so you can go ahead with that, that’s for sure. yes there will be some kind of difference in the interface but nothing much greater changes, that’s what I want to say here.

Having Metro UI folders in it would be a cool concept to watch out so I will surely wait for the same that’s what I want to say here, so that’s it from my side for you. you know what the benefit of the Metro UI folders would be very much great it will act similarly to the one that is being enacted for the iOS folder as well, so that’s what you should be checking out for, that’s what I am saying here.

If you are a good coder and want to get into coding and make changes on yourself the necessary developer tools are available in Windows 8 DE that will be made available, so that’s what you should be checking and in the final version of windows 8 you won’t be getting any freedom to make any changes at all, it will be like a readymade garment at all, you should use it and enjoy it with whatever it is given to you, , anyways that’s what I am saying here so do have a good look at it accordingly. I hope the concept is much simple for you.