Thread: After upgrading to Mac OS X Lion, Keyboard and touchpad not working

After upgrading to Mac OS X Lion, Keyboard and touchpad not working

No error during the upgrade although after the final boot, the built-in keyboard and touchpad is not approachable. Providentially an external keyboard and/or mouse work fine. I've removed not needed extensions and control panel icons from before the upgrade since I can now login, but the difficulty remains. Anyone else had this issue?

Re: After upgrading to Mac OS X Lion, Keyboard and touchpad not working

My keyboard and track pad is funky. The cursor goes to indiscriminate places, from time to time a letter selects all text and next letter I type deletes it annoying to scroll in trackpad is arbitrarily right clicking , even though I am not imperative it. It has just become too sensitive. I did a power reset (Ctrl Alt Shift Power ON), but still it’s not fixed. The computer has indeed heated up than 10.6.6.

Called apple support and through diagnosis removed some startup items in the accounts preferences section. That fixed my issue.

Keyboard and trackpad worked very well in safe mode as well as recovery console.

I also have this issue and this really didn't help me. I've also tried resetting PRAM/SMC with no avail. Really stumped here. Guess we will have to wait for an update.

I'm waiting for a fix to come out to update my friend Macbook Pro as he doesn't have an external keyboard mouse. I have a MacbookPro,2 i5 2.53 GHz by the way.

I have a Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo. Track pad is not functioning in the approved manner with Lion. Refuse to select text in convinced situation, such as with a double-click or drag-over, also won't scroll, or scrolls in fits, select the incorrect window, etc. annoying; is phenomenon as I type this. Happens in Mail, Safari, and perhaps other applications.

I also have the same issues. I was working on my thesis and all of the sudden my mouse is unresponsive. I tried other actions and not anything. I then try to brush to dashboard but nothing.

Then the screen started acting erratic and I noticed the screen midway flanked by my document and dashboard. Then I noticed all the further commands that I tried in progress showing. I don’t know about you guys nevertheless Lion has been nothing but annoying. My calendars do not sync with mobile me, my touchpad is unpredictable, and my speakers are now dodgy. I never had these issue previous to the Lion install! Give your heads a shake Apple!

I am having a similar problem. After upgrading to lion my trackpad is too sensitive and my keyboard randomly types letter, spaces, etc.I have a Macbook Pro about 3 years old. Anyone knows a way around this?

Same trouble here. I have an older MBP (2008, last model before unibody). Running 10.7.1. Keyboard and mouse pad become completely insensitive. External mouse works, nevertheless since I don't have an external keyboard, all I can do is keep rebooting.

After more than a few/many consecutive reboots, keyboard and mouse pad come back, but after a short while, they become insensitive again - sometimes after waking up from sleep; sometimes in the midst of operation.

I'm having a similar issue. Mac Mini 2010 with Lion installed about a week ago. After some initial pains in getting the wireless keyboard and trackpad setup, I rebooted tonight and when it came back up to the Lion logon screen, the keyboard and trackpad wouldn't work. Fascinatingly, when I powered them off and on, the modest notification at the bottom of the window said Keyboard Turned Off and Keyboard Turned On or incredible to that effect so I know it was communicating. After rebooting several times by means of the power button.

I determined to do a Screen Sharing session from another Mac to observe if I could do no matter which at the logon screen. I could. I could log in and make use of my display Sharing session from my Macbook Pro sitting subsequently to my Mac Mini and do whatsoever, nevertheless the Keyboard and Trackpad wouldn't work. I could scrutinize equally were associated in the Bluetooth Menu Applet. I rebooted one more time.

Now rebooting doesn't even work. My keyboard and trackpad are entirely dead (I had to type this on my blackberry and then electronic mail it to for myself in regulate to post)

I had a similar (but not as bad) matter. I had to remove all the preference, and then restart. The touch pad issue was fixed. The trouble is that your previous settings are all gone. You'd better backup before you do it.