Thread: How to configure linux os on Blackarmor NAS 220

How to configure linux os on Blackarmor NAS 220

I want some help to configure linux on Blackarmor NAS 220. I have this at my office. Rightnow it is linked to a system that is running nas os. But I want to configure this on linux. We have around 5 systems that are on linux distro. With nas it is a bit for others to access it. I will hook this on a linux os and make it a shared drive which will be extremely use to use.

You can do that. You will need a specific system for that which is dedicated to Linux os. Most of this kind of drivers are auto detected. That means you just have to hook them lan and done. You can access them like a shared storage. Linux supports Samba which is capable of identifying windows shared files. You can share that entire nas drive through that or you can lock then through different user id and passwords. That is the easiest way to configure network storage.

Blackarmor NAS 220 is not just ans drive. It a kind of centralized storage system that can be used with nas or which can be hooked like a ftp location. The drive model supports around 20pc at a time. It gives you an automated backup procedure. You can choose different modes. It is also compatible with Time Machine software and come loaded with hardware-based encryption. I will recommend you to create a ftp server on linux platform for this.

I am going recommend you some open source OS solution for creating a smart and effective file server. This will be ideal for hooking that nas drive on the lan network. They are ClearOS, Ubuntu Server Edition and any Debian based OS. ClearOS is the easiest one to use. This OS allow you to get a integrated network gateway. You can work on server platform and create a effective file sharing location. It also has many useful features and it is quiet easy to use also. I will recommend you to test his one.