Thread: what is the procedure to make dual boot system for windows 8 and windows 7?

what is the procedure to make dual boot system for windows 8 and windows 7?

I would like to attempt the developer’s assemble of win 8 that was presently released. And put in it at as a dual boot system. What I have:- I have 1 HARDDISK with two partition which contain C and D partition my C partition contain windows 7x86 and D partition contain DATA. I want to make partition for installing new OS in my pc which is windows 8 and my hard disk left 16 GB.

Re: what is the procedure to make dual boot system for windows 8 and windows 7?

I have a dual boot with windows 7 and windows 8 too and sure, certainly those workings. I have Windows 8 on a 50GB partition installed with Office 2007 and then it occupies 18GB, so possibly your 16 GB space is so small. From inside Windows 7 create a partition of 21 GB, extract the file .ISO you are downloading to a dvd or USB stick and boot from that media. Choose the advanced setup selection and install Windows 8 on the 21GB partition that you have presently formed. later than Windows 8 is installed up and executing you'll have to reconstruct you BCD though, the Windows 7 access is absent. I don't memorize the exact steps but I did somewhat like this:
    bcdedit /copy [current] /d "Windows 7" [this command copies the W8 entry to a new one named WINDOWS 7]
    bcdedit /set [guid-of-WINDOWS 7-entry] device partition=F: [or whatever driveletter your WINDOWS 7 installation has]
    bcdedit /set [guid-of-WINDOWS 7-entry] osdevice partition=F: [or whatever driveletter your WINDOWS 7 installation has]
    If you let the default boot Operating system to be WINDOWS 8 you'll observe the latest bootloader and you can decide between WINDOWS 7 and Windows 8 from there. If you let the default boot Operating System to be WINDOWS 7 you won't observe Windows 8 any longer and you have to modify it back to be the default one. This is in a nutshell how I did it, good luck with the system and don't be indecisive to ask something you'll encountered.

I think you desire to Install EASYBCD application in your windows 7 to do the boot order or editing changes. You only require it in single system as it modifies the MBR. It does the similar and extra as doing it physically in command prompt...extremely simply too! When you install Windows 8 you should not lose your Windows 7 from boot menu. Windows 8 will just be putted to Windows boot menu as the default boot system. You can modify that too in EASYBCD.

At the beginning First windows 8 defaults and you obtain an "operating system chooser" later than windows booted. When choosing windows 7 it reboots into windows 7. If you modify the BCD settings in windows 7 [MSCONFIG] and set windows 7 the default you obtain two entries, windows 7 and windows 8. So I don't be acquainted with why you have only windows 7 when using the command prompt commands, because it should do the similar as through MSCONFIG.

I am executing double boot windows 7/windows 8. I loaded from boot, drive DVD with DVD and on a 160 GB detach partition. I am obtainable a alternative AFTER the developer screen come into view.. Ask me if I desire to decide the developer or windows 7... This is completely dissimilar from earlier dual booting. One obsession though, even later than the auto boot occasion counted down.. I still had to choose my alternative; this will present a trouble with me for accessing via remote if there is a reboot in my nonattendance. I shall work on that one.

Please set The DVD is at your first boot device option, because I’m booting from DVD and go to startup repair / repair. But it doesn't facilitate. When I reboot the system , the screen where I can decide Operating system appears, I decide Windows 7 but a black screen with this error message shows; [File: ->win->sys32->wload.exe ,,(Status:- 0xc0000428),, Information : The digital signature for this file couldn't be established] ,,Between , I have Windows 7 set as default Operating System.

One time if you boot Windows 7 then please play again the windows loader. Windows 7 will remain activated later [verify (Win) +break - or PC properties to confirm]. You can modify the initial boot loader but I kind of similar to the Windows 8 option screen so I absent it unaccompanied. I haven't played with EASYBCD up till now, but you can attempt that, too. I haven't originate it essential as of yet.

Be cautious with VHD option .because one time I installed windows 8 on a VHD then after that windows 7 just unsuccessful to load although windows 8 worked okay.At whatever time i clicked the windows 7 way in during boot, my laptop are restarted..I eventually ended up restoring my windows 7 backup and deleting windows 8.

I completely agreed with some matters that this assemble is buggy, mainly the metro applications. Keys that are helpful for this assemble are the windows +d keys, it'll permit you go reverse to the desktop; from there you can unlock the task manager and end your applications request.

Presently deliberating I would crack back in to say, nowadays out of nowhere my hard disk booted from the Win 8 Loader in its place of the Windows 7 one so it must be on there anywhere. I truthfully have no method of clearing up this as I tried to install Windows 8 like two weeks before. And there were 3 listings for windows 8, the three which every one unsuccessful last time. After choosing one, the PC restarted and now I have my 3 options back, Windows 8, Pro Tools, and Windows 7. Apart from Win 8 is driving me crazy. When I access an application in Metro, how the hell can I shut it? No Alt+f4 and No ESC,. I was really lost. This one's bizarre and I really don’t know the cause for it. Heck, I'll maybe resume tomorrow and be rear to my regular Boot loader never to see Windows 8 another time.