Thread: Nothing happens when i click the metro applications on windows 8

Nothing happens when i click the metro applications on windows 8

I used windows 8 in the last two weeks and not I faced some problem on this system. When I try to launch the Metro applications by using simple click on an application tile, then nothing happens on this system. I don’t know why this happen but I need perfect solution that works to fix such complicated issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Nothing happens when i click the metro applications on windows 8

I think the metro app works great in Windows 8 Desktop mode and hence you need to open it onto the desktop mode. Then only you can able to fix such issue. Then you need to click the WinKey and it helps to switch system to desktop mode. After doing this task, you found that your application gets activated and describe the captured metro UI. Then try this and locate the result onto it.

The minimum resolution for the metro style applications to run is 1024x768. Hence as per the requirement you need to set the resolution of your device. If you work on any computer system or portable devices, you need to set the screen resolution that works to run this application on your windows 8.

When I'm using Skype, my webcam works perfectly, but whenever I try the metro webcam app that gives problem on windows 8 system. I don’t know why this happen. Can anybody help me to fix this issue? I am waiting any kind of valuable reply related to this issue.

In windows 8 metro application confirm the selected application is permissible to access the camera. If not then apply below process to do this task.
    • First open the webcam application on such windows 8 and select Win + C to acquire the menu
    • Then you need to click "Settings" and hit the "Control system access for application" option.
    • Finally check the webcam setting is on. If not then set it to ON. Then it helps to you for using the webcam on your metro application.

Sometimes this kind of problem arrives on your system when Your files and personalization settings would be change. In that case, you need to perform an reset setting task on it. this restore the setting to its default stage will be works to fix such type of issue. This is necessary when the setting of application won’t able to start the application in correct format.

One of the most frequent problem have come upon, is when you try to click on a Metro tile nothing happens. There are few reason behind this issue.
    • One is screen resolution. We need to set the screen resolution on or over 1024×768.
    • The other reason is to be as if UAC is turned off totally then the Metro applications won’t work properly. For solving this reason we need to go to the More Settings option in control panel and then set User “Accounts and Family Safety” option to ON stage.

This is the two reasons behind this issue. Then use the mentioned process onto your system and solve this problem.

The other reason is being also present on it and this is when using Windows Live Account as the default login then in that case, we need to set it to the Local account. This will be necessary to fix such kind of complicated issues on such windows 8 system.

The same problem arrives on my system. I also have x64, I can observe the Metro surface, but when I get on an application with Metro UI nothing happens. I don’t know why this happen. Then I read few articles related to this issue and they suggest me some solution over this issue. I try to uninstalled VMware tools from DevPreview and restart this system. It works and now there is nothing problem arrives on this windows 8 system.

Surprisingly, I first installed the 32-bit version of Windows Development Preview 8 with 4096MB RAM. Then it gives the similar type of problem. I use multi monitors on this system. Hence I just try switching into "full screen" and toggle the multi monitors feature. It works to fix my metro application problem.

You can also use the previous VMware Tools ver.8.4.6 on this system. This will be also helpful to solve your problem. There is also one help present this type of help provided by the third site party or the official expert person. Then you need to try this and locate the real problem and solution over this issue. It helps to you for fixing your problem. You also take the help of the manual to fix this issue.