Thread: Windows with MAC OS X lion CD

Windows with MAC OS X lion CD

If I buy the CD from Mac OS X Lion here, and place in it into my PC or laptop with Windows 7, Mac OS X install or do I have to pay money for a Mac? I have a PC running Windows 7 64-bit and a laptop with Windows 7 32 bits.

Re: Windows with MAC OS X lion CD

Quote Originally Posted by Patcy View Post
    If I buy the CD from Mac OS X Lion here, and place in it into my PC or laptop with Windows 7, Mac OS X install or do I have to pay money for a Mac? I have a PC running Windows 7 64-bit and a laptop with Windows 7 32 bits.
    No, not install on PC hardware. Nor is it officially permitted to attempt to make it from side to side an emulator. The software license merely allow you to install Mac OS on Mac hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Jezriah View Post
    No, not install on PC hardware. Nor is it officially permitted to attempt to make it from side to side an emulator. The software license merely allow you to install Mac OS on Mac hardware
    Yes it will install in the PC hardware, as long as the hardware is identical to those used by Apple. Very few third party applications support necessary to do so.

That part of Apple's license to prohibit non-Apple hardware is not valid in European countries.

I guess that you refer to a click-through or shrink-EULA, which is not applicable in this case - everyone has the right to control how their product is distributed and used. Copyright and license agreements and applicable laws remain practically everywhere, since it is in the economic interest of any country that wants others to do business there (i.e., who have agreed to it).