Thread: Unable to find Safari Download application in Mac OS X lion

Unable to find Safari Download application in Mac OS X lion

I had just updated Mac OS X Lion and cannot find Download option in Safari. What used to be the combined keyboard symbol + Option + L or below the menus in the window-> Download. Where has it gone, because you cannot download anything from Safari more?

Re: Unable to find Safari Download application in Mac OS X lion

With the lack of information provide all I can do is guess that the download manager is no longer compatible with the lion. I would suggest that you consult with the developer who wrote for additional information on it.

The download function was part of Safari in the past. If I do a search aid in the "How to download Safari," told me to open the Downloads window in Safari, go away to Window-> Download. Although when I open the window menu, there is no download alternative, only the activity option is obtainable. On my old snow leopard, which had the download option is also available on the Window menu in Safari. I do not think it is a separate application. What used to be part of Safari? Is it now necessary to obtain an application to download Safari?

You can still download Safari. That download window shows your Safari. You can pause and resume downloads started in Safari. The window is still there, but there is a separate window.

In the Safari toolbar, on the far right is a button with a down arrow circle. Displaying your downloads and can stop and resume downloads from there.

That has been a diminutive more. nevertheless what if I download something and Safari will not establish the download. In the history I used to copy from the window of activity in the download window. What do I do now? For example, how I can download a video from Youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by Jozefa View Post
    That has been a diminutive more. nevertheless what if I download something and Safari will not establish the download. In the history I used to copy from the window of activity in the download window. What do I do now? For example, how I can download a video from Youtube?
    Click the New button, that when you open the window, ctrl + V in YouTube file you copied. Download will start immediately.

I have found correct Solution for you.

Safari also has a "Downloads" button. This is not shown by default. You can go to "View" menu, and select "Customize Toolbar.”You will perceive the familiar Finder icon "Download" there. Movement

Quote Originally Posted by CGale View Post
    I have found correct Solution for you.

Safari also has a "Downloads" button. This is not shown by default. You can go to "View" menu, and select "Customize Toolbar.”You will perceive the familiar Finder icon "Download" there. Movement
    I wish you would find the correct solution for me, my Safari 5.1.1 on Lion OS X 10.7.2 does NOT have the Finder icon "Download" in the "Customize Toolbar" facility.

The download icon appears on the extreme right of the toolbar, but only when downloading.

I wish that Apple would cease messing about with these apps.