Thread: After rebooting, Desktop icons rearranged to right screen in OS X Lion

After rebooting, Desktop icons rearranged to right screen in OS X Lion

Since the update to OS X Lion. Each reboot some icons on the desktop I run all aligned in columns on the right side of the screen. I will reorganize the way they want. For the few who are well restart. Then bang, on the next reboot are all aligned on the right side of the screen again. I thought it was a mistake that could have been fixed in 10.7.1, but no, it just happened again. Any idea how to get my icons to stay?

Re: After rebooting, Desktop icons rearranged to right screen in OS X Lion

Same trouble. I know I should fresh my desk, Nevertheless I actuality like to have current files organized and easily reached / visible there. If the operating system continues to move them, I cannot locate them.

Same trouble since upgrading to Lion (and now 10.7.1).It's annoying, and makes a difficult job. On the desktop I have about 50 icons arranged the way I like. It is impossible to manually move these back to where I want them every day. It also occurs in some folders.

The trouble exists on my iMac Core i7 (27 "mid-2010) nevertheless not in my Macbook Pro (13" in mid-2009).

I have the same trouble. I tried the following, but what is happening yet.I left, linked to another account, and delete the following files via the command line and sudo:
    Code:
    / Desktop /DS_Store
    / Library / Preferences / com.apple.finder.plist
    / Library / Preferences / com.apple.finder.plist.lockfile
    / Library / Preferences / com.apple.desktop.plist
    / Library / Preferences / com.apple.desktop.plist.lockfile

Same trouble. All desktop icons on the right end of the desktop. Is there an everlasting explanation?

Do not be on familiar terms why this worked for me, but you be able to attempt right-clicking the desktop and select Sort by ToGrid Snap. Now right click again and this time Sort by select none.

I do not be familiar with, nevertheless regained be in charge of icon placement after revolving through this work out.

I found that unchecking "open the windows to re-enter" at the close seems to resolve the trouble.

And, looking back, the only problem that started about the same time, as I checked the box (as originally had been selected almost straight away after installation of Lion)

I am having the same trouble this morning; all very well organized my desktop icons on my desktop have been reorganized into two columns on the right side. I already saw a post that said something about the organization must be set to none, so I tried that and it solved the problem a few weeks, but now it's happening again.

'Reopening the windows to enter' was investigated, but found that when using In Design over a network if you do not check the box that would ruin all my links in the network, very wrong, somehow creates a bond Updates, so if I restart and verify that the junction box I just created does not work and I cannot find my files. I cannot believe that Apple hasn’t sorted this trouble yet.

I have the same trouble with both my desktop and my Mac Air .I talked to tech-savvy and have solutions, although nothing actually work.

I renounce it, and will have to wait for Apple to fix it. I tried all the suggestions out there - Snap to grid, clear the box to open the windows, delete all preference files application imaginable - and while they may work for a couple of days, eventually icons end on the right side of the screen.

I wonder why only affects my Mac at work. My Mac at home is not affected. I just anticipate it stays that way.

Fix this Stuff- icons align every once in a while (every 7 days) on the right - which has happened on a Macbook pro late 2008 updated snow leopard and a new Mac mini with 2.7GHz Core i7 factory installed lion - the fire of the bag 25 years of age who designed these options shower stupid .

Operating system should be fully controllable. This is not the status of implementation of savings and reopens the windows after you log back in. I customizable and has been working customizations - snow leopard was a work of art board behaved in this Stuff opens.