Thread: Unable to play .WMV or .AVI file in Mac OS X Lion

Unable to play .WMV or .AVI file in Mac OS X Lion

Well friends I have installed Lion in my computer someday before and after installing that in my computer when I tried to play .avi or .wmv files in quick time player at that time I my computer does not play that file. I don’t know what is wrong with my computer but this problem has started suddenly. Please tell me how to solve this issue.

Re: Unable to play .WMV or .AVI file in Mac OS X Lion

I have gone through your problem and after referring your difficulty I will first tell you that you have to download the Flip4Mac in your computer and after downloading that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. Flip4Mac will enable the computer to play Windows Media files like.wma and .wmv. first you have to download the Flip4Mac from the internet and after that you have to install in your computer and after installing the Flip4Mac in your computer you have to check whether you are able to play the .WMV file and .AVi in your computer or not.

if you want to download the Flip4Mac for your system then you have to download it from the official site of the Microsoft and after downloading that install it and then your problem will get solved.

if you have already installed Flip4Mac in your computer and after that also if you are facing the same problem in your computer then i will suggest you to try to solve this problem by reinstalling the Flip4Mac in your computer and after reinstalling the Flip4Mac I your computer you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I am telling you this because many times this type of problem can get solved by reinstalling the Flip4Mac also.

In your computer if you have installed the DivX then I think problem is occurring because of that. I will suggest you to uninstall the DivX from your system and after uninstalling the DivX from your system you have to download the Perian and install it and afetr that check whether it makes any difference or not.

Perian is component a component for the Quicktime and it will enable to play many media files.

I will suggest you to download the VLC player for MAC from internet and after downloading the VLC player in your system. Now after installing the VLC player in your system you will be able to play .WMV files and .AVi files in your system.

Yes I agree with the above post VLC player play all the video formats. if you want to download the VLC player for your system then you have to click on the below download button.

DOWNLOAD.

after clicking on that you have to look for the VLC for Mac OS X 10.6 or later and click on the big orange button and download it and install it in your system and then enjoy your videos.

Some days before in my system which have MAC OS X lion also started giving me the similar issue and after working around this problem I have come to know that I have to delete Xvid codec from the QuickTime folder in my system and after that I have added the video files again in quick time player and then I was able play the video file in my system. I think you should also try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

Well if you don’t k now about how to delete the Xvid codec file from the QuickTime folder or if you are unable to locate the Quick folder then you have to first go to the MacintoshHD and after going in to that you have to click on the Library and in the Library you will find the QuickTime folder and fro that folder delete the Xvid codec and afetr deleting that you have to check whether you are able to play the .WMV and .AVI file in QuickTime player or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will surly get solved.

if above solution does not help you to fix this issue then you have I will suggest you to instead of using QuickTime you should use the MplayerX in your system. you can get the MplayerX from the Mac App Store and it has almost same feature like QuickTime but it will play almost every format whether QuickTime cannot play.

I have noticed that many user who uses Perian in their computer has faced the same problem and I have one solution to fix this problem. you have to update the Perian system in your computer manually and after updating that in your system you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. mostly after updating the Perian system all the things starts working fine.

try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

Thank you for helping me. Deleting the Xvid codec file in my system has solved my problem. After referring your post I have open the QuickTime player in my system and after that when I tried to play the .WMV files and .AVI files at time it does not give me any issues.