Thread: Kernel Panic while installing OS X Lion

Kernel Panic while installing OS X Lion

I cannot install Lion on my iMac (Intel Core i7, 8GB Memory, 2 TB Hitachi HDD, Mac OS 10.6.8, Parallels Desktop 6). I don’t think that there is hardware compatibility issue and the Snow Leopard was tremendously stable. Following starting the Lion updater Kernel Panic occurs. Restarting the iMax results in new a Kernel Panic. Unplugging USB stuffs did not assist. Permission as well as disk was checkered through the Disk Utility, the whole thing was in good health. Does Lion have a trouble with HDD or something else?

Re: Kernel Panic while installing OS X Lion

What Snow Leopard DVD are you using? Not sure but maybe if you use a DVD of Snow Leopard iMac older than this may not include drivers for the components of your system (micro, graphics, etc.) and why not start from the DVD MAC correctly? Or just use some generic drivers and this has much to do?

Have you tried to remove the HD from the recovery partition that brings LION? Just like that lets you boot from the DVD of Snow Leopard.

And finally, instead of starting the iMac down the C key, start up your iMac and once done introduces the Snow Leopard DVD. Go to System Preferences / Startup Disk and select the DVD and reboot.

I came to the installation and formatted my internal HDD and started installing, after a time gave the system that the files were not copied, it was because I have more than 4GB RAM in my laptop had.

If you buy a mac with an operating system (which is) you cannot seem to be installed on the same machine operating system version that is less than the acquired with the machine. Amazing

Since you seem to have a working 10.6.8 SL, from which you boot or the boot loader uses the search for the error is rather difficult (at least for me). Often these kernel panics caused by existing kext-files of your SL version. As you use the boot loader to boot the installer Lion partition / USB drive continues the kext files in extra / extension folder from SL to load. My first question is, what files you might disturb you in this folder, the Lion. I ask this because as many others have the same problem due to the sleepenabler.kext file.

From my point of view and in the absence of knowing the license of OS X I think if you buy a Mac with OS X version Apple gives you the right to use your computer with this version. Not before because you have not paid license. That is, when you purchased your iMac in the price paid a license of OS X Lion which is the OS that came installed on your machine, did not pay a license OS X Snow Leopard. Therefore only be entitled to use the one that came installed on your system and / or later, not earlier.

Somebody retract if I'm wrong or knows further that section of the license agreement for OS X.

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if there is still a problem. I think that you need to Repair the Hard Drive and Permissions

Sounds similar to moreover a bad Lion installation otherwise you have irreconcilable software on the PC that is causing Lion to dread. Can you make a fresh partition on top of the drive to which you may perhaps install Lion? If so in that case that's what i would achieve. Make sure that you have atleast 2GB RAM.

Thanks for the rapid response. Here what I get:
    • Safe Mode didn’t work for me and I got one more Kernel Panic
    • The Hard Drive as well as the Permissions had been fixed with the Disk Utility frequent times, devoid of whichever trouble cropping up.
    • The iMac runs extremely steady beneath Snow Leopard, therefore I disbelief that the hardware like such is at burden.