Thread: OS X Lion (com.apple.helpd ) helpd use RAM from 1MB to 1GB

OS X Lion (com.apple.helpd ) helpd use RAM from 1MB to 1GB

I am really confused about this is there any one here who can explain me this phenomenon. What is exactly wrong with this think it looks like it is arbitrarily and obtain from 1mb to 1GB of RAM in fewer than 5 seconds. Following, it takes so much of RAM. It`s secure to drop off the com.apple.helpd plist from launched and trash this thing?

Please guys I need assistance on this I would be glad to get any help thanks

Re: OS X Lion (com.apple.helpd ) helpd use RAM from 1MB to 1GB

Even I am also facing the same problem have lately upgrade to Lion on my 2009 Apple's unibody MacBook. at the present the 2 GHz of RAM seem not sufficient as randomly other than very frequently an unknown procedure helpd starts and takes up 300 MB of memory.

It appears that such a process is associated to the help documents I guess it must be a "help daemon" however I don't be familiar with why should it has to take so much of memory

I'm frequently enforced to just kill it by means of Activity Monitor however it doesn't appear to be an neat answer for the most excellent operating system in the world, does it?

I got same problem here guys, on a MacBook Air which is 2008 make . The helpd process heats up randomly my machine like Owen, accomplishment 100% of the CPU as reported by Monitor .i don’t know what to do any help will be appreciated appear like a actually clear and annoying bug in Lion.

I don’t know if it bug as you are report but what I feels is unluckily by means of bugs, not everybody has them. I observe 24MB of usage, not the more MB usage you and a few others see. My process goes away subsequent to a bit after viewing the help pages for apps.

I've the similar hungry helpd procedure. It obtains about 1 GB ram and system turns out to be unusable unless I exterminate the process physically. Even though it disappear after 10-15 minutes, but some time later it reappear once more. Perhaps some daemon from unsupported application makes this process incorrect now everyone here knows it’s actually it is the daemon for the Help pages. My short-term answer is to neutralize it using the Lingon utility. However I also believe that a number of unsupported applications make it stuck someplace. The debug is rigid, containing so many applications.

I am also getting annoyed by the helpd is also source of problem here, I'm also observing using little snitch that it is continually linking to help.apple.com and at one point it start a relationship to intuit.com and I didn't have any intuit software operating actually I haven't because last tax season. I'm also considering troubles on accounts that have parental control enabled with the webproxyd process, it will "randomly" make a decision to block all web traffic for that user yet if they have unobstructed web access. We have a script setup to kill and restart the process that users can run, and that appear to be getting them by for at the present but actually is not an perfect way out.

Same problem at this point on a White Mac book I exterminate it by hand and it won't reappear once more. But it frequently shows up a few minutes subsequent to logging into whichever user account. Actually it is the daemon for the assist pages. My momentary resolution is to deactivate it using the Lingon utility."

It doesn’t look like the continuous problem

I have already reported the bug expect you also did the same thing , plus after a number of communication with the engineering team, I remain for an answer

I observe in the Console a group of messages regarding language like

Code:
        2011-09-05 23:50:39.160 hiutil[26759:8a03] Language ro_RO is not directly supported by SDM, but attempting to use anyway!
        2011-09-05 23:50:39.162 hiutil[26759:8a03] No stopwords available for ro_RO
    Does the same thing is appears on your monitor

Do the following method see if its works

• open Lingon
    • after that open the list of System Agents clicking on "Show" which appears after to System Agents while you hover on it
    • after that you look for com.apple.helpd
    • choose yes to the dialog window
    • Uncheck the allow box

I do it this method. a few terminal alternative exist also, which is free. To inform the entire tale, I contain also improve my RAM to 4 GHz. The processes have come into view some other times, although at the present it has stopped up. I believe there is a few relationships with obtainable applications and their assist pages. a number of them refer to a few languages incompatibility. I have to speak I didn't create a new install of Lion and that on Snow Leopard I have used CleanMyMac to take some idle languages off are we all improvement people or else there is somebody with a fresh install too

I am also upgrade from Snow, and used CleanMyMac to get rid of idle languages and 8 GB RAM.