Thread: OS X Lion has Waking /Sleep Wi-Fi Network and Finger Swipe in Firefox trouble

OS X Lion has Waking /Sleep Wi-Fi Network and Finger Swipe in Firefox trouble

I got my iMac on 2009 recently I have upgraded to Lion and right away I have two problem on it

• At the time of I wake the iMac from a long sleep, it doesn’t automatically log into my Wi-Fi network. I require dragging the mouse up to the menu bar, clicking on the signal icon and selecting my Wi-Fi network. Small times the past, the computer stopped be familiar with the network at the time of I was in the center of surfing. Haven’t have those in a even as, but the incapability to log in directly after waking up still a big problem
    • I make use of Firefox to surf. I not able to move backwards and forward among the pages by swiping left or right. It workings in Safari, although not in Firefox. Is that a fresh functionality so as to have to be restoring into Firefox for the reason that of I upgraded to Lion?

Can anyone here can help me on this I would really like to know thanks

Re: OS X Lion has Waking /Sleep Wi-Fi Network and Finger Swipe in Firefox trouble

I have no idea about your Wi-Fi problem, I haven't had that problem. But to the extent that swiping to move back and ahead in Firefox, you'll need to modify the two finger swipe to three finger swipe, after that it works like it used to, presently not with the imagine page slide in safari

Re: OS X Lion has Waking /Sleep Wi-Fi Network and Finger Swipe in Firefox trouble

I am glad you replied except me previously I go into Sys Preference, except I don't observe wherever I be able to do that on an Apple wireless mouse. Merely permit up to 2-finger swipes, except then I misplace the functionality of by means of swipes between Spaces. Well, I use the back and forth more than Spaces switches consequently

Well I don't utilize Firefox but have exactly the similar difficulty as you with consider to Wi-Fi. additional be concerned Time Machine has at the present stopped up assistance up because Apple have changed some security setting to do with something called AFP a protocol of some type This means that one is no longer capable to join to the network attached backup server. The subsequent note comes into view when Timemachine try to attach
    Code:
    "The network backup disk does not support the required AFP features."
    My particular server is an Iomega however I collect that this is widespread to many storage devices. it seems that it's up to the NAS supplier to provide a patch. in the meantime no back up extremely dangerous

Even I got the same problem I was unable to swiping the pages in Firefox & iPhoto It look akin to we require to wait for a coming update

Quote Originally Posted by DanielV View Post
    Even I got the same problem I was unable to swiping the pages in Firefox & iPhoto It look akin to we require to wait for a coming update
    I've found a solution from the road. If you go to System Preferences and click the "Use two fingers" option to slide between the pages, which will work in Firefox and iPhoto which had not opened when first available, so do not be acquainted with if that was not I have work also . as a minimum for me. nevertheless, you lose the capacity to swipe between open applications. I'm used to using keyboard instructions so that, so I'm giving up slide between applications in arrange to slide back pages in Firefox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamina View Post
    Well I don't utilize Firefox but have exactly the similar difficulty as you with consider to Wi-Fi. additional be concerned Time Machine has at the present stopped up assistance up because Apple have changed some security setting to do with something called AFP a protocol of some type This means that one is no longer capable to join to the network attached backup server. The subsequent note comes into view when Timemachine try to attach
    Code:
    "The network backup disk does not support the required AFP features."
    My particular server is an Iomega however I collect that this is widespread to many storage devices. it seems that it's up to the NAS supplier to provide a patch. in the meantime no back up extremely dangerous
    I have not had a trouble with the timemachine up to now, except then use a wired connection to the backup drives through FireWire.

I have a same Wi-Fi difficulty after installing Lion OS. When my computer goes to sleep or else I turn my Wi-Fi off, it never reconnect to my wireless network on is own. I have to physically choose it and then retype my wep password. It try to attach and then says connection timeout and the login unsuccessful, on the other hand, although it says that it was incapable to connect, it in fact does connect and I get usual connectivity.

annoying.

My Wi-Fi issue automatically solved I don’t know how Well, throughout the past day, I've place the iMac to sleep many times for varying lengths of time, and every time it's linked automatically. maybe they just required to use up a little additional time to get to know one another improved We'll see what happen above the next couple of days.

Even I had same problem I before I exchange to Lion, turned out it was some problem with my router. I buy an additional router and I haven't had the issue since. Try altering from WEP to WPA you should do this anyhow and see if you have the similar issues still exist .

Waking from sleep after during the night observe the similar difficulty with Wi-Fi standard network does not recognize and had to manually decide between the lists of the computer sees. I live in an apartment house in New York, so a good number of options.

Thanks for the proposal to change password defense scheme, but I'm by means of WPA, so it's not the tip. I, though, pass through the airport utility again, in case of emergency

I have to moreover reboot or turn Wi-Fi off and on to get it to reconnect. by no means had an problem with Snow Leopard. Using Airport Extreme. I’m using WPA, I have two WIFI hotspots. If apple thinks that I require to buy a fresh WIFI AP to make your mind up this issue them I'm downgrading Turn airport off but can't turn it back on for a at the same time as looks like it’s an problem with trying to connect to disk times out.