Thread: Getting “restore windows” warning message from the finder

Getting “restore windows” warning message from the finder

I have a mac system. I have recently updated the lion update. But I am having problems after installing this update. My finder is not working correctly. It is always prompting me with warning restore windows. I have done many things and tried many things but this thing doesn’t get off. I have not found any method to resolve it. I would say that all my programs work fine but I don’t know what is wrong with the finder. Has anybody every faced such issue. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Please help me to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance.

Re: Getting “restore windows” warning message from the finder

I am facing the same problem as of yours. I have also tried many things. I agree with you and even on my system all program are working absolutely fine except the finder. It had gone little weird. I have tried quitting the activity monitor but nothing helped me out. I have also tried rebooting and force shutting down the finder. I don’t want to reinstall the lion. I would like know on this topic. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated friends. Thank you

I have deleted the Finder preference file via the Terminal and rebooted. But the problem still persists. I tried to log in with a different account and the message does not appear. Obviously it is something to do with a specific user and not the system. I don't accept any added account to fix the problem. The alone fix I suppose of is to reinstall Snow Leopard and the install Lion again.

I would suggest you to follow a terminal trick available on the website. I think it has something to do with the trash. I would say that try to remove the trash and see what happens. You must also try cleaning your desktop and all preferences.

I would say perform this terminal trick that I am saying. Remember that this will delete data if you don’t go properly and follow the path. So I would say that you back your data before going ahead. Just launch terminal which is there in applications> Utilities, and type the following command.
    sudo rm -rf ~/.Trash/
    This command will take temporary advantage of the root user and delete the data present in the trash directory. After that press enter so that you can execute it. If you are asked for the administrator password then type it and enter. When it is done press exit and press enter before escaping terminal.

I would suggest you try to install the operating system again. I think there is some problem with your operating system. I would say that you can also search on the internet regarding this issue. There are many links that will help you out. Just try googling and I hope you get your problem resolved soon.