Thread: iMAC having newly installed lion not responding

iMAC having newly installed lion not responding

I have recently upgraded my system from iMAc to Lion, there wasn’t any problem in installing the new system but I encountered that whenever I put off my pc during the night there has been a problem of my magic keyboard not responding to the touch….Please help!!!!!!!!!

Re: iMAC having newly installed lion not responding

If u are having problem with the Bluetooth keyboard the it might be having some software error. If you want to check your software connection please do the following steps:
    • Go to System Preferences
    • Then Bluetooth
    • Click Advanced the Bluetooth is set to wake up the computer?

Perhaps you should take care that nothing is wrong to the computer? Uncheck larger processes such as mail, images, music etc. to see if this can help or you can try what I had tried… one the post that I have gone through had the same problem in 10.6.6 and here it was solved by setting the "hibernate mode" to zero (then no sleeping is made).
    In Terminal setting:
    Sudo pmset -a hibernate mode 0 (this sets the hibernate mode to zero so that no sleeping is made)
    Sudo rm /var/vm/sleep image (The last line deletes the sleep image which has the same size as your Ram memory).

Just wanted to inform you about this thread that it is also happening for different users of Lion as you with a 2010 iMac i7.the system does not have any problems during the day but following during the night sleep it is not able to wake up using any input device, thus needing a reset, which generates an error report on startup.

The same problem had occurred in my computer and through some keen observation I noticed that a screensaver was set to come on after 15mins.i am not sure about that but I have never used the screensavers. so I changed setting to disable screensaver and no problems since so might be helpful to you as well.

If you are having any problems related to your Bluetooth keyboard and mouse you should check the settings and take care of these problems, but if the problem still exists then you must reboot the machine.