Thread: After upgrading to Mac OS X LION, Keynote is not working.

After upgrading to Mac OS X LION, Keynote is not working.

Hi all, I am having some problem related with the update with the OS X LION. And in my case the problem is that I use the iWorks & have sizable Keynote presentation with plenty of movies that I work off of. It worked great in snow leopard, but after upgrading to Lion, I continually get the rotating ball of death loading Keynote, random times working in Keynote, & saving the presentation. It will finally, after minutes, clear the ball but this is ridiculous. Anyone have the suggestion about this? If so then please suggest me back in this case.

Re: After upgrading to Mac OS X LION, Keynote is not working.

For resolving the same problem, I have contacted with the Apple support on phone and at that time they tried to help me. But at last they told me that I have to contact with the engineers for resolving this problem. After contacting with the engineers I came to know that this problem is related not only with the Lion but maybe the newest iWork update. For that reason they also told me to try the same after latest update for the iWork update. And now I can say here that I have erased the hard drive as they have suggested to me and then I reinstalled Snow leopard and am migrating from Time Machine backup from Tuesday. If it still happens, I will likely remove iWork and then update up to version 5.05. and in your case also I will suggest you for the same. And I am sure that it will also works in your case.

For resolving that problem, I will suggest you for use the following steps which are as:

1. open "Activy Monitor" app
    2. search for keynote not responding in red
    3. mark keynote app
    4. click "quick process
    5. then a windows appear telling you about send a report to Apple
    6. Send it

Here In my case, I can say that I use keynote every week to run workshops for Sr Leadership teams all over the country and rave about how great Keynote is! I upgraded to Lion and what a catastrophe and after that I can only open a handful of presentations without crashing the whole program. This is a major issue for me. Is someone else dealing with Keynote crashing when they try to open a presentation?

Friends, I am also having the same problem in my case also.. Keynote with Lion is painfully slow, constantly stalling. It takes forever to change slides or generate new ones, and frequent crashes. I ought to have NEVER upgraded. This upgrade is not prepared for prime time. Mail and Word are also noticeably slower. My intuition is that the culprit might be the new autosave feature, which apparently cannot be disabled. Having never experienced such grave issues with a technique upgrade before, I think about this bordering on catastrophic.

I tired with steps for resolving the problem and finally I got it working, yeah. Thanks for that. Here I get that my keynote is again have started working fine. And after that I am not having any problem related after updating the Mac OS X LION. And if I will get any problem related with that then I will report here back for the support. And thanks again for the support.