Thread: Mac OS X v10.7 Lion stays on black screen and crashes

Mac OS X v10.7 Lion stays on black screen and crashes

I have a Mac system at home. I have installed Mac OS X v10.7. Actually the problem is that lion crashes all the time now and then and I don’t know why I am getting black screen. My system holds on the black screen and nothing is happening. My system becomes totally unresponsive. The only thing that I can do at that time is that, I can force shut down. I have tried shutting down but nothing happened. I don’t know what is happening. Does anybody know how to fix this? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. thank you in advance.

Re: Mac OS X v10.7 Lion stays on black screen and crashes

Well I think you should install the lion update again. Try to uninstall the 10.7 and after uninstalling try to install it back again. I hope the problem resolves. But if the problem doesn’t resolve then I suppose there is something with your system or with the update. I would say that you can contact the apple guys and ask them to help you out. Try to contact the apple customer support. You can also visit the official website and get some links related to your query. I would say that start googling on the google website and try to find out the solution. There are many forums on the internet where you can look out. I think that there is some bug in this update. I would suggest you to report about this issue to the apple. I would say that you can email the apple guys and ask for assistance. I think if it is a bug then it is very sad from the apple part. I can just hope that apple releases the fixes as early as possible. Hope to see the fix and update soon. i would like to hear from you regarding what the apple people told you. please mention it and post me.

I would suggest you to install the snow leopard. I am sure you will not get the black screen problem in this. I have snow leopard and I must say that I have never experienced any such issue before.

I would suggest you to do following this to avoid this crash and black screen. I hope it works. My friend has similar problems and he got rid of it after trying the following things,
    • Install GfxCardStatus
    • Run SmcFanControl
    • Delete the Power Management preferences
    • Replace the motherboard