Thread: Need help, after installing Mac OS X Lion headphone output I not working.

Need help, after installing Mac OS X Lion headphone output I not working.

Hey please suggest me if anyone also having the same problem as me. I am having the problem that is, after installing the Lion, I am getting that my headphones are not working properly. And when I checked the same thing with the speakers at that time I see that they are working fine. And for this reason I have also checked the system preferences and I found that there is no headphone socket in the list as an output option. It looks like that computer is not recognishing the headphones. So please if anyone of you having the proper suggestion for this then please suggest me in this case. Here is the system information:
    MacBook Pro 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, running 10.7 (Lion)

Re: Need help, after installing Mac OS X Lion headphone output I not working.

For resolving this problem I have some idea, try with them. Hope that this will help in your case. For resolving the problem try to go to the Applications> Utilities> Audio MIDI Setup> Built-In Output> Output & in Format change from the default 2ch-24bit integer to any other format. This will help you to activate your headphone jack pin. Because the default setting in the Mac OSX lion is not able to recognize the headphone for that you will need to do as I have suggested.

I am also having the same problem, and I am facing this problem after the last night when I upgraded the Lion to my system. And today when I am trying to use my headphones at that time I came to know that they are not working properly. And I can see that my external speakers are working properly. So can anyone suggest me that is this problem is related with the head[hoes or related with the computer output pin? Also, as you mentioned, System Preferences/Sound/Output does not show Headphones as an option, only Internal Speakers.

In this case, I will suggest you to try with the different speakers with your desktop. It might happens that there are problem with your headphones. So here I will suggest you to try with the other headphones and see if it helps you.

Yes, I tried with that also and get that still it is not working. For that reason only I have also tried with thwe tree headphones but they all are of no use for me. Any other suggestion?

I have the opposite problem. After upgrading to Lion, only my headphones work. My MacBook Pro's internal speakers don't work; the internal speakers also don't show up in System Preferences/Sound/Output. It might be noteworthy that I had my headphones plugged in when I ran the Lion upgrade. Any Apple Engineers have a fix for this?

I tried with the above suggestion, but still the same problem. And I am getting the problem as audio devices are not found in the system. For that reason I have also tries with changing the midi output, but nothing is there, because my computer is not recognizing any audio output. And here let me tell you all that before the update, all things was working so fine. I start getting the problem after the update only. Any other suggestion to resolve the problem.

Yes, for that I get the proper suggestion after trying with the so many setting. And I would like to say to all that at the time you can only you can only choose between external input OR external output. And here you are trying for the external output working, for that you have to go to "System Settings" -> "Sound" and then at the bottom, set "Use audio port for" to Sound Output. Here, I am suggesting you this issue because today only I have solve my this type of the issue. So try with the same and I ma sure here that it will really help I your case.

Here I also tried with that and still I get the same problem that my headphones are not working. Now after trying with the so many suggestion now I have decided to replace the headphone jack on the case. I am sure that this will help me to resolve that problem. But when I tried to replace the headphone jack in the case, I found that new one is having the same problem related with that. Still the same problem and now I am sure that this is only due to the upgrade. Is that true? Or there is any other problem in this case? Please suggest me if there is any other suggestion in this case?