Thread: Lion update makes the Mac operating system to freeze on startup

Lion update makes the Mac operating system to freeze on startup

I have upgraded my macbook pro to lion. It has been freezing the entire system on the startup. Actually it starts and I am not able to open or click any files folders anything. I am able to move the mouse also but I am not able to work it out. This problem is very annoying. The only thing I have to do is a hard boot. Below I have mentioned my system specifications,
    • Core i7
    • 8GM RAM
    • 1TB hard drive (with 700GB free).
    I want to know that how should I fix it? Any suggestions regarding this would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Lion update makes the Mac operating system to freeze on startup

Well firstly let me ask you that do you have many applications loading up during start up? If it is then you should disable them. Well lion update has a bug that makes the system when waking the system from sleep. Also if there is this problem then try to turn off the computer and display sleep.

I would suggest you to get to the Recovery HD utility application. You can access disk utility by holding cmd+r when your computer is starting. Please try it out. If it works then its fine or else does reply me so that I can provide you with some other solution.

I think this issue is caused because of some problem with the flash. I would suggest you to go to the to go to Adobe Labs and try to download
    Download the Flash Player 11 beta uninstaller for Mac OS X
    And also the latest Beta version of Flash Player 11
    Download plug-in for Mac OS X 64-bit
    After this, you must close safari and start the uninstaller. Then you can install Flash player 11 (Beta 2). I hope this helps. If it doesn’t resolve the issue, then kindly let me know so that I can provide you with some other effective solution.

I hope that apple knows about this freeze issue. This thing is very sad. I had a macbook pro. I had bought it just few months back and till now it was working absolutely perfect until I installed lion update. My system freezes after sleep and I always get a black screen. I have seen that mouse is working sometime but nothing happens. This is very annoying. I am very much upset. I blame the apple for this problem because it happened just after the lion update. I have many complaints also regarding this. I think that apple should fix this quickly or I will return the mac in the store. I think apple will not want to degrade their name in the market. Today as we all know that apple is a brand name.

I would suggest you to get rid of this update. I think you should install the operating system again and not update to lion. There is some bug with lion update which is not right. I have heard that apple has agreed are looking and developing a fix. I suppose that the new release with fix will come soon. I would say that there could be some problem with your memory. So I would suggest you to check that out.

I have heard that many people have got troubles with using lion update. I myself had used lion and let me tell you that this update was a problem for me. I was not able to uninstall the update. I finally had to call the apple guys to help me out. They told me to uninstall but I didn’t find any success. I think mac system has a lot of problems and the apple support is not that capable of handling as Microsoft is.