Thread: Font not displaying properly in Mac OS X v 10.7 Lion while using safari 5.1

Font not displaying properly in Mac OS X v 10.7 Lion while using safari 5.1

I am having a mac operating system at home. Recently I have installed safari 5.1 web browser on my mac system. I like using safari 5.1. But I am facing some issues with the font since few days. When i open any website, I see that all the alphabets and contents have changed to “A” alphabet. This happens on multiple websites. This is very annoying. I have tried rebooting the system but nothing happened. I am still having the same error. Does anybody know anything regarding this? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Font not displaying properly in Mac OS X v 10.7 Lion while using safari 5.1

Well I can understand that you are annoyed. I am actually facing the same problem. So I know how annoying it is. I have tried installing Font Book to restore fonts to only the approved system set. I thought this error problem might get resolved but the problem is persisting still. I am not going to use safari 5.1 anymore.

Have you tried any other browser? Is this font issue only with the safari 5.1 or with other browsers too? Kindly mention it in the next post so that I can help you out effectively. I would suggest you to try to un-install the safari 5.1 and then afterward try to install the safari 5.1 back again. It is not necessary that you are facing this issue because of the system failure or software failure. It could be that the website is only having some issues. But again it could not be multiple website as you have tried multiple website.

I have removed all user installed fonts and I have also deleted my fontexplorer X2.x and all files related with it. I thought that the problem will go off, but I am still having the problem. I have seen that there is Helvetica neue version that I am using. And because of this I am not able to empty the trash. I restarted my system and safari and then I removed the version of the Helvetica neue and I must say that safari is now working fine. I am sorry that I don’t have the screenshot and the file name of the version of Helvetica neue. I think that there is some bug and apple should update regarding this in future. The only suggestion I would like to give is that, just clean out your fonts and back them up. I think it could be a bug. i have heard that people have installed the mac operating system again so that they might get rid of it. but unfortunately this has not worked for the.

Well I suspect that it is a problem of safari 5.1. I have downloaded the latest version of firefox and I am using firefox. The fonts render perfectly in firefox. I think there is some Helvetica problem in your system that is displaying incorrectly. Also other programs render font correctly. You can start using another application instead of safari. I would suggest you to use firefox latest version. You can download the latest version of firefox from the internet for free. Just get it installed and enjoy.

I am having a mac system at home and I am using safari 5.0.2. you know what actually the problem is with the safari 5. It is a bug which I have heard. I am facing the same issue. So it is not your system or anything else.

This happens to safari all the time when safari updates on regular basis. I would suggest you to try to close all application from the terminal. Got to the administrator account and try to open the terminal application and enter the following command.
    sudo atsutil databases -remove
    You can copy or paste it from here into the terminal window. This will help you in removing all the font cache files. Once you finish running this command, try to close the terminal and immediately restart your system.

I would like to ask you that did terminal give you an error message of an unsupported command, or did it just not solve the issue? Remember that on sudo command, it will ask you for admin password. Before trying out for command you need to enter that.

Well I have found the solution for this one. If you have font explorer then got to the Tools/System Font protection and select disable. I am sure that this will fix the issue. I would also like to say that if you see that font explorer is messing up with os x lion’s protection feature then better take it off. Then click disable and restore it. This will fix the problem until you restart.

It clearly is a bug as it is mentioned above by someone. The same font renders fine in Firefox. So you can try using firefox.

I would suggest you to use Google chrome browser. There have been many problems in safari 5.1. I would say that you can also contact the apple guys to help if they can. I am not sure that this will be helpful. But you can once just try what they say. I have used safari 5.1. I also have faced some similar sought of problems. so I decided to use a substitute for it.