Thread: Why do computers just stop running?

Why do computers just stop running?

I have a computer at home. In today’s world computer is the most important thing. It has become a necessity to have computers at home. Computers have many features because of which it is widely used. I want to know that why computers suddenly stop running. If you see that everything is working fine and suddenly you will find that the computer is not working properly with some reasons. When is someone going to invent a thing that will let the computer to display the problem on the screen? I would like to know from you guys about this thing. I am sure that there are many who must be wondering the same thing that I am.

Re: Why do computers just stop running?

Well it’s like everything in life is not smooth. Some or things needs to happen. Computers are an electronic thing and you cannot bet on these categories. All mechanical, electrical devices tend to fail for some or another reasons. It is impossible to have them without problems. Well it is quite impossible to think of something getting invented that will give the proper description of the problem on the screen, computers understand numbers. If there is some hardware problem then software cannot display it on the screen. There is going to be translation problems.

I think many times the errors that are reported are meaningful only to the programmer that wrote the program and are meaningless to the end user who are using the computer. It is very natural with computers that happen with humans.

I think that there are computers of different brands. Better the brand better would be the quality and better would be the product. But even a high and best quality computer will have problems some or another day. But yes I agree that the problem would be less as compared to some unbranded computer.

Companies make computers with an impression that they should get some problems now or later. They usually provide warranty and you will notice that computers tend to create only after warranty period. I had bought a computer; it worked fine for 1 year till the warranty was there and just started creating some or other problem after 1 month when the warranty had expired. This is very sad. Companies want to make money so mostly they code things accordingly. If they create them absolutely fine then they won’t be able to make money.

There are many problems that a computer generates. Sometimes it is some hardware components problem, there is software problem, there is some portable things problem etc.

Sometimes I experience that my computer is working slow, sometimes I hear some beeping sound from the computer, and sometimes the computer keeps rebooting and all. I don’t understand why this happens and what could be the exact cause for this.

Well I think that computers have problems because they are made by people. No one is perfect and can work out problems to a desired result. Computer does what they are told to do. Many problems occur in computers, because the installation of software isn’t fine, proper drivers are not installed, there are virus present in the system. Sometimes also hardware components wear down.

There are many problems that occur due to the following reason. Because of all these following reasons, system tends to freeze and crash.
    • Hardware
    • Aluminum Migration & ESD
    • Operating System
    • Drivers
    • Software
    • Memory Fragmentation
    • CMOS Settings
    • CMOS Settings
    • A Combination of the above

Well I know that there are many thing s that affects computer and lead them to work slow or may be stop. Computers even sometimes freezes. I would like to mention few reasons that allow the computer to freeze and they are as follow:
    • Windows Registry is corrupted.
    • The drivers are corrupt or outdated.
    • Computer is infected with a virus or malware.
    • Hard drive or file system errors.
    • Computer is in a bad location.