Thread: I am using a pirated version of Windows 7

I am using a pirated version of Windows 7

I upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows XP. I had downloaded the operating system from Torrent.It was an iso file. The setup worked properly. But on setup it asked me for serial key and I don't have the same. After installing trail I found a an activation crack of the same. My antivirus is detecting that as an Trojan. But my friend told that it will activate my Windows. So just want to ask that does it is ok to use pirated Windows 7. If there is no much issue, I will run the patch. I have Window XP in my laptop inside the factory partition. I will restore that back if this is not proper. What do you recommend.

Re: I am using a pirated version of Windows 7

It is illegal to use pirated operating system. You have to buy an license copy of using it and that you can buy directly from Microsoft site. Pirated software are unstable and have virus in them. Crashing is common issue in them. There are legal penalties in using this pirated copies of operating system. You must pay attention to risks associated with law enforcement. By using pirated copies of software you are violating the copyrights of the manufacturer. In an pirated software there are many glitches and lack of software updates support. Original copies are more stable and less prone to any security threat. If you are working any kind of job which is related to data processing or banking then better use only original software. Or else your sysetm can be hacked easily. The absence of operating system updates increases the risk of possible infection by malicious software.

It is right that pirated software are not stable. A better alternative to use an free operating system is going for the beta version. Soon you can download the beta version of Windows 8. That will be proper.

Piracy is increasing day by day and companies are taking strict actions against the same. So if you get caught then you will have to pay the penalties. The number of new malicious programs for different platforms are increasing day by day and pirated software are the carriers. Your system is prone to attack when you are using any of this tool. Your data is not safe, your online transaction can be hacked, etc. You just need to buy the license copy one time and thats done. I prefer to buy an laptop because they come with pre-loaded windows. The copy is genuine and if you travel to different places then you must have a valid license. Or else you can face legal penalties as the laws are different in various places.

Using pirated software is an great damage to the worlds economy. There are more vulnerabilities present in pirated softwares which are used by hackers to steal information from your system. On the Internet there are more malicious code that uses any loophole to break into computers and perform illegal activities.

Pirated software lacks necessary technical support. I think many people really do not know or does not take too seriously the risks of using pirated software.There is no access to technical support, software updates, technical documentation, training and troubleshooting. There is an high risk of penetration of computer viruses, spyware, adware and other malicious software that can destroy (or, worse, send the criminals) valuable information.

I use Ubuntu. It is an open source operating system which means it is free for use. There are free updates and tons of applications. It has become possible to use Windows application on it also. This makes Ubuntu more functional. You can run your favorite Windows application on it using wine. Also windows virus does not work on Linux platform. There are many open source alternative that you can choose for. Why to break anti piracy laws if you have such open source operating system and software's. They are less infected to virus. Linux platforms are the the most secure one. Anyhow even if you activated it illegal, Windows update will catch you. Data loss is the primary issue with usage of pirated operating system. Do not go for the same.

sidmvl Guest

Not to sound like a broken record, but you get what you paid for. I know there are people out there that crack the OS and install their nefarious wares to grab all of your personal information and send it to the folks that want to sell your credit card numbers etc.

how can i know that i am using the pirated windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjeeticsi View Post
    how can i know that i am using the pirated windows?
    You can always look for a Certificate of Authenticity (COA). A COA is a label that helps you identify genuine Microsoft software. A COA is not a software license – it is a visual identifier that assists in determining whether or not the Microsoft software you are running is genuine. However, without it, you will not have a legal license to run Microsoft software. A COA should never be purchased by itself without the software it authenticates. More information can be found here.