Thread: Message on screen : changes is made to windows, you need to re-intsall & activate

Message on screen : changes is made to windows, you need to re-intsall & activate

I have a laptop and from last couple of week I am getting an message on my screen. This is really very annoying. The message states that, a change is made to windows, you will need to re-install and activate windows. I got my windows with the laptop. It i Windows 7 home edition. I did not made any recent changes in the laptop, then how does this error appears. Does I have lost the my copy of windows due to some kind of virus infection. Because recently I was surfing on a hotspot where I was getting continuous error for virus attack on my antivirus. I disabled the antivirus for sometime to send some urgent mails.

Re: Message on screen : changes is made to windows, you need to re-intsall & activate

This error occurs on those system, which are not running license copy of Windows. That means those who runs pirated windows. An Windows update runs this notification on the screen so that the user must go for genuine copy.

Re: Message on screen : changes is made to windows, you need to re-intsall & activate

It is not because of virus. It is because an Windows update which is also called as genuine validation pack does not found your Windows as original copy. And the serial that you have in your system is not validated. For this you will need to re-register windows. You can do that just by visiting the Microsoft site. Also if you had already purchased an original copy of Windows then you can contact the customer support for more help. This is simply an issue of piracy. Did you checked properly that from the place you had purchase laptop has provided you genuine software. Many vendors install pirated software and sells to innocent buyers. Windows update check the authentication of your operating system and install this update. If not then you might need to purchase a new copy of Windows.

There are many hacks to stop this error, but they are not recommended to do that. Because if you do that, then you are simply running an pirated software which is illegal.

Yes it is right. The version of operating system that you are using not genuine. The license key provided to you is not valid, because of which you are getting this error. The best way to deal with this, is to buy an license copy or simply you can go for open source alternative. Operating system like Ubuntu are best for this purpose. It is free and more functional. You can use many applications on it which are absolutely free. But it is an more bright operating system, and not much similar to windows. So you have to learn the functionality of the same.