Thread: Windows 7 32bit boot freeze on loading files

Windows 7 32bit boot freeze on loading files

I do not know what suddenly happened to my system. When I try to boot in safe mode my system freeze on loading files. Actually the desktop does not appear on regular mode. So I tried to enter safe mode to get backup of my file. At first my system has Windows 7 64 bit. But on that some of my applications were not working. I even cannot run them on Windows XP compatibility mode. I tried vmware but the setup was complicated. Later I installed Windows 32 bit on dual boot. It worked, but my old files are still in the 64 bit part. Again after some weeks, the 32bit OS failed to load. There is not desktop on that at all. So before I loss my all stuff, it is better to have backup. I tried running system recovery but nothing worked out there. How can I get my those files back. And what to do to fix this issue. I need some advice to create some additional support for such disaster. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 32bit boot freeze on loading files

Connect an usb drive to your system and install Windows on that. It can be a removable media, or any external storage drive. Install Windows, boot from it and get your files backup. Once it is done, full format your system and re-install Windows.

It looks virus issue. When the desktop disappears, it is because of virus. The explorer.exe is corrupted. It can be fixed by running Explorer.exe from task manager. When your system is turned on, press ctrl+ alt + del and then click on New Task. Type explorer.exe and run the same, the desktop will appear. This works most of the time. And if not then you can use Windows installation disc to run system restore. For that insert the bootable media of Windows 7 and the click on system recovery. You can see some number of options in the start. To fix bootup issue you can click on startup repair, or else you can use system restore to restore the old settings of your computer. This were those settings which works the best with your system. There are many LiveCD which can provide access to your hard drive and you can backup your data from the same.

This looks clear issue of virus. For such think, I keep an image file of my system ready by using Norton Ghost. This is really awesome tool. You can use this to keep an image file for easy restore.

If your boot-loader is corrupted then you can fix it by rebuilding the bootloader. You just need to run startup repair from recovery mode.

You will need to re-install windows and there is no other option. You can try some other media for the same. Like using an external drive, what is mentioned above. I use LiveCD to boot and get my drive files if the system fails to work. Another thing you can do, is connect the hard drive to some working computer and then copy paste the files. In this you get more options to check your files. As you can open each of them and verify whether the data is not corrupted. There are many tools like Acronis which help you to create automated backup for your system. This backup work for both, data plus system recovery. The image restoring process is much easier then re-installing all files back again. This also gives you all software per-installed on your system. I keep Windows XP on my dual boot system just in case if, I face any issue, I can quickly get an backup.

Many times startup repair does not works. There is nothing much you can do to fix this out except re-installing windows. It is an nice option which is mentioned above, to move the disk to another working system and using it.

There are certain commands that you can use in safe mode with command prompt to fix the boot file. But anyhow your system has issue of virus and you will need to format it. If you run system restore, the infected files will be restored again.

Try some bootable data recovery disc like activebootdisk. There are many software's like this. You can create a bootable cd with it, which you can run without runing the operating system. It boots an simple interface for your, from which you can move your data to any other part of the drive or on external storage media. See below for more information :
    • Active Disk Image : This tool helps to create the same copy of the entire pc with all software installed in it. In case of systefailure you can simply put back things back. It has automated backup support which keeps a record of your files.
    • Active UNDELETE : It is an nice data recovery tool. The best part of this tool is that it can recover deleted files and even deleted partitions. So by mistake if you had formatted your drive, you can use this tool to access files from it. The tools is also capable of findl out file from damage raid disk.
    • BartPE : BartPE is another tool which can help you to create and manage bootable media. This tool has many plugins that you can use to fix major and minor issues.