Thread: After installing Lion, system has slowed dramatically. Need help

After installing Lion, system has slowed dramatically. Need help

I was using windows 7 and recently I switched to the Apple Mac OSX. I was working so good but after installing the lion on it I am facing problem in it. The problem is After installing Lion, system has slowed dramatically. What to do know because I am not having any good idea about it because I am new to using the Mac OSX. Can anyone help me please.

Re: After installing Lion, system has slowed dramatically. Need help

I thing this thing is happening due to the Spotlight reindexing your entire system. If yes then don’t worry about it, because within the day or two days it will be back to the normal position. I am telling you this thing because I was also facing the same problem and this thing is resolved using this suggestion.

Hey thanks for that reply. I had tried to Spotlight finished indexing. But still I am facing the same problem. Now what to do?

I think this is due to the Nvidia drivers, which case your system to be slow down. This is because so many users of the Nvidia drivers that shipped with 10.7 are saying that this drivers are buggy and specifically the Mid-2010 models with the 320M chip. I am not sure with that one because I am not using this driver but still I think that it may happens in your case. So in this case I will suggest you to try with the new drivers or also try to update the drivers, hope this will help you a lot.

In this case, I will surely say that there is no problem with the Lion Itself. I am sure about it because I am using the old 2006 White iMac 24" 2.16Ghz. Core 2 Duo With An Nvidia 7300GT W/ 128MB V Ram and still now I never face this type of the problem. But in your I will suggest you that do not install the Java for the Mac For 10.7. I am telling this thing because It Totally Screws Up The Video. And also Locks Up The System So Bad Only A "Force Shut Down" Works To Get It Up Again. I was also having this problem and for that I need to reinstall the Lion. So I am sure that in your case it is java.

I think that there is no "splash screens" in Lion. And also "extremely annoying splash screen advertising the MacBook Air"
    For the more help you can also refer the Apple support website which is set to be home page in your safari.

I am currently using the mid 2009 iMac and I am also having the problem. The problem is that after installed Lion, my system is slowing down. When I opened the Activity Monitor I noticed that Safari and its related processes using too much RAM and giving out power. I solved this by switching to Google Chrome. Of course, my wife has not been updated to Leon and has knowledgeable the same problem, so the problem might be Safari, and OS X Lion. You may want to try switching browsers and see if that helps

Hey in this case I will suggest you that have you checked for the latest update for the 10.7.1? if no then try to do this thing. i am sure that it will help you a lot in the case of the performing slow your system. I am telling you this thing because this release should help unresponsive issues, especially with video playback and Safari in general being unresponsive. Try with that and report here back if you are again facing the same problem.

After following your suggestion I had tried it in my case but still I am facing the same problem. I tried to Leo install, keyboard, mouse and trackpad, all wireless devices worked perfectly. Since the installation of León, none of them work regularly and there is no visible cursor icon on the computer screen. Turn off the computer and then turn it fixed the problem and restart all are operational. Over time it happens again. I give up, where do I start in solving this aggravation? Bought a new iMac, OSX Snow Leopard, version 10.6.4, build 10FS69.

Hey I also switched recently from the XP to the Mac OSX before few weeks ago. Everything was working fine and also my VPN connection was working fine. But before 2 days I am start getting the problem. The problem is that it is impossible to connect. For resolving that reason I updated 10.7.1 update but still no change. And I am thinking that it was due to the new update. Because My other iMac is still under OSX 10.6, the VPN connection is OK. Any suggestion about it? if you are having any suggestion about it then please suggest me back over here. And also if any of you having this type of the problem then also report me back.

Friends, I don’t think that your system is running to slow because of the installation of the Lion in your system. There should be any other fault for that reason. If you are thinking that your system is slow because of the new installation of Lion then for your information you can also check for the latest update 10.7.1, this will help you a lot to confirm that the system is running slow not because of the new installation of the Lion. There might be happens that you have installed any new software to your system due to which your system is not running as per your requirements. If yes you have installed any new software for that then I will suggest you to check that newly installed software that it was a genuine copy of that software and also check for the current update of that software. I am not sure that it will help you a lot in your case, but at least you can try for that to see the changes in the performance.