Thread: How to turn On Wi-Fi for U-buntu 11.04

How to turn On Wi-Fi for U-buntu 11.04

Hi, I have try several thing to start my Wi-Fi feature on UBuntu 11.40 but cant able to start it, I have also visited several sites to get this answer but I can’t get the proper explanation for this query, so if you guys have any kind of information of how to start Wi-Fi on Ubuntu then please give your suggestion, your help will be appreciated.

Re: How to turn On Wi-Fi for U-buntu 11.04

You have to make the checking for the driver installation for your WLAN card may there is some problems in driver installation. Just uninstall the driver and reinstall it again. And then turn off your system and start it again and then go for switching to start your Wi-Fi. May this time it start for you.

First of all I want to inform the people who are facing the same problems of not able to start there Wi-Fi in Ubuntu. The main reason for Wi-Fi failure is that most of the user sue their Ubuntu by means of preinstalled Windows version and the Linux is fail to support by Toshiba. If this issue happens then you have to connect some Linux experts to solve this issue.

These problems arise if your system doesn’t have the feature of proprietary drivers or this driver is disabling in Ubuntu. Just go for enabling the proprietary drivers for your Ubuntu and then you can possibly start your Wi-Fi.

Yes you have to make the use of this proprietary drivers may the Ubuntu Wi-Fi start up need some application help to make the start up . So these types of driver are not freely available. You have to get this driver and install this in the Ubuntu to get the effect you want.

The simplest way to enable the proprietary drivers is as follow
    • First you have to go to system
    • Now go to administrator
    • There you will find Additional Drivers
    • Now select the driver you require to make enable
    • Read the instruction carefully
    • Now press Active to make driver enable, it may require to enter the password
    • Now you can download and install the proprietary driver
    • Now finally you have to restart the system.

For the purpose for starting the Wi-Fi in your Ubuntu you have to go for the System Administrator and make search for the Additional Drivers over in Administrator. There you find the list of available drivers in your Ubuntu, so from that list you have to make enable for those driver you required. And after selecting the option for enabling the driver you have to go accordingly as per the rule for installing or enabling the driver. There you might have to enter your personal information including the password. By doing this steps you can now have the access to download the external third party driver which can help you out to start the Wi-Fi and other related Application.