Thread: Error code 8003, while trying to empty Trash in Intel Imac.

Error code 8003, while trying to empty Trash in Intel Imac.

Hi all I am having Intel Imac using the snow leopard. I am using this from the few weeks and now I am facing problem while I am trying to empty the trash. The problem is that it is giving error 8003 when I am trying to empty the trash. Can anyone help me in this case what to do? How can I resolve this error and how can I empty my trash in the Intel Imac. And also if anyone having the same problem then also report me back over here. Please help me.

Re: Error code 8003, while trying to empty Trash in Intel Imac.

In this case, I will suggest you do as directed below:
    • While you are trying to choose the Empty Trash at that time only hold down the option key.
    • And after that restarting and also trying with the #1.

Hope this will help in your case.

Sorry, I didn’t get anything what you are trying to say. From the last few weeks I am not able to empty the trash because I think while trying to do this thing I am getting the error code -8003. Please help me to solve this error and let me tell you that I've been having an over active Time Machine. I would also like to know that could they be related?

Hey friend, let me tell you that, Snow leopard have the common trash problem. Recently I had called the Apple Care second time to resolve the error code 8003 message. Before that someone has told me to reinstall the operating system but I resisted the purpose. This thing takes so much of the time in my case, because while trying to resolve the problem with myself it has taken so much of the time. I gets first time this error while I was trying to remove an old TM backup because Apple recommends against that. And before few days I see the same error again while I am trying to flush the application. For resolving this error I call the Apple Care and they help me resolve this error.

I think that this is a very use full utility "Trash It" and I am also using this utility and I never found anything that would not trash. I think that it will not solve the error code problem but it will empty the trash. If you are facing the problem while trying to empty the trash then in this case I will suggest you that try to run the combined update of your operating system and see that if it will help to resolve your problem. I am not sure that it will surely help to resolve your problem but at least try with it and report me back that it helps you or not in your case.

Yeah, thanks for all the suggestion. I tried with the suggestion which is given over here and also this helps a lot in my case. Now I am able to empty the trash and it only takes a while to complete the task.

Hey this thing happens to me today for resolving the problem I call the Apple care and finally I got the problem resolved. I will suggest you that if you are using the case # 140725683, then you can ask them for resolving your problem. I think that Probably you have mac OS 10.6.1. if yes then you can also follow the following steps as:
    • At first you need to shut the Mac off.
    • After this wait 30 seconds and then place your left index finger on the left shift button.
    • And then restart the Mac with your right hand.
    • In this stage allow the Mac to boot up completely.
    • And then you will need to sign in again.
    • When your Mac boot up, at that time your presets will be gone.
    • If yes then don’t worry about it and wait again till it boot up again.
    • After the booting finished then try to delete the trash.
    • Again shut the Mac off.
    • And wait till the 30 seconds again and when it starts at that time your presets should be present.
    • And then put some data which you not need in the trash and then trash it.
    • It should be gone.

I think that in your case, the main matter is that Which finger you use? And also it depends entirely that where the power button is? According to my information, on the Intel Imac, the power button will always on the back left and in the G4 iMac the power button is always on the back right.

Hey, perfect suggestion for me. Big relief from this suggestion and many thanks for that. Now all things are running normal. Essential to hold until logo and gear appear and progress bar completes before releasing Shift.

Hey I was also facing the same problem and I tried with your steps and some time it really works. I am telling some time because of the I had to try the original suggestion a second time to hold the shift key longer. Now I get the error that is "can't empty trash - error code 8003" when I install the update to Carboncopy. I am saying you this t5hing because when CarbonCopy automatically sends the old application to the trash, I couldn't get rid of it. Many of us are facing the problem as error code 8003 and still none of us are having the proper solution for it.
    And thanks for your suggestion. Because some time it actually works.

I would like to ask here that why it matters that which finger or which hand I am using over here? And also secondly important this is that I am trying with your suggestion and still I am getting the same problem.

Dude, I was telling you that it matters which finger you are using for that and also which hand you are using because, only for the easy operation. Fingers and hand will help you to hold the Intel Imac, and with the help of them you can easily click to empty the trash. I was asking you that which hand or which finger you are using only for the better operation in setting. Please don’t think that it is important, you can use any of the finger and hand for this purpose, but make sure that you are comfortable while using Intel Imac with any hand and finger. Try for that and I am sure that you will be able to see the effect why I was saying you for using the right hand and specific finger for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliio View Post
    Hey this thing happens to me today for resolving the problem I call the Apple care and finally I got the problem resolved. I will suggest you that if you are using the case # 140725683, then you can ask them for resolving your problem. I think that Probably you have mac OS 10.6.1. if yes then you can also follow the following steps as:
    • At first you need to shut the Mac off.
    • After this wait 30 seconds and then place your left index finger on the left shift button.
    • And then restart the Mac with your right hand.
    • In this stage allow the Mac to boot up completely.
    • And then you will need to sign in again.
    • When your Mac boot up, at that time your presets will be gone.
    • If yes then don’t worry about it and wait again till it boot up again.
    • After the booting finished then try to delete the trash.
    • Again shut the Mac off.
    • And wait till the 30 seconds again and when it starts at that time your presets should be present.
    • And then put some data which you not need in the trash and then trash it.
    • It should be gone.
    Thanks very much. This did the trick for me.