Thread: Asus 1001P Notebook: How to Install OS?

Asus 1001P Notebook: How to Install OS?

Hey hi all, I am having the new Asus 1001P 1.66 GHz Netbook and I am trying to install the operating system on it. This is due to the failure of the previous hard drive. For the replacement of that hard drive I recently bought a new hard drive and currently trying for installing the new operating system on it. I would like to know how to install anything using the BIOS menus. If anyone having some idea that how install the operating system in the blank hard drive then please suggest me.

Re: Asus 1001P Notebook: How to Install OS?

Friend, If you are trying to install the new operating system in your blank hard drive then I will suggest you the steps as follows:
    • In this case first you will need to have a genuine copy of the operating system which you want to install in your hard drive. And also make sure that this one in genuine copy.
    • After that insert the operating system CD in the CD drive of your system and wait until it reads it. After reading, restart the system and then press the F2+Del key. It will activate the BIOS in your system.
    • In the BIOS, change the priority of the devices for the booting. And set the first priority to the CD drive. And after this press the F10 key to save the changes and restart the system.
    • When system will restart, it will ask you for pressing any key for the installation. When it ask for that then press any key and will start booting the system.
    • And after that follow the steps as operation says. It will take 39-40 minutes to install the fresh copy of the operating system in your system. Try for these steps and report here back if you are facing any problem while installing the operating system.

Hey, you are saying that you have made a CD according to the Ubuntu.com, then in this case I will suggest you that you will first need to plug in your USB DVDRW and after that if you like to install the Ubuntu then you can install it after the installation of the operating system in your drive. While the installations you will need to make sure some of the instruction like checks that operating system CD which you are having is with the product key and also makes sure that this one is genuine copy. And after the installation finished you will need to see that you have make the backup partitions also for the backup your important data in the case of data loss.

I also need to install the fresh copy of the operating system in my system and I am trying with your steps but still of no use. I am trying with the above steps but still there are so many confusion in this that how to install the fresh copy of the hard drive in the blank new hard drive. If you have the better idea and suggestion about it then please suggest me in the brief. And also thanks for the above step.

Hey friends, thanks for the steps for the installation of the operating system in the Asus 1001P Notebook. I am trying with them and they really work for me. While installing the new operating system in my new hard drive, I had made the recovery partition for the backup of my important data files. Now I know something about the BIOS menu. And now I can easily install the fresh copy of the operating system in any system. Now I have some more questions about this topic. The question is I want to know about is there is any way that can help me to get the important data while aare there in the previous hard drive. I need some of data from that hard drive because some of them are very important for me. So please if you are having any idea about how to get that important data from the failure hard drive then suggest me over here. And also thanks for your suggestion, thank you very much.