Thread: QNAP NAS with an option for SATA 2 drives and SATA 3 drives

QNAP NAS with an option for SATA 2 drives and SATA 3 drives

I have an issue noticing a home NAS. I am researching a QNAP NAS with an alternative for SATA 2 drives and a more exorbitant choice for SATA 3 drives. Now I know the huge contrast is speed (SATA 3 taking care of 6GB/S) If I just have a 1Ge lattice, what is the purpose of getting the more unmanageable SATA 3 if my grid can just do 1GB/S? The 6GB/S is the backplane of the NAS from the drives to the controller head right?

Re: QNAP NAS with an option for SATA 2 drives and SATA 3 drives

It's not stood by read/write and is likewise moved by a significant number of different elements for example record size and sort. I'd not pay that much careful consideration regarding those display numbers. That speed is moreover measurable within the case. Once the information hits the arrangement port to voyage outside of the container, it starts to run at the speed of the joining lattice parts. Your nearby lattice will move information more inefficiently than it could probably move around within the case (NAS). Simultaneously, your neighborhood lattice segments will move information at a speedier speed than will your virtual world reciprocity. Consequently, speeding up what goes on in the case will have zero alter on your neighborhood lattice or virtual world transfer speed. The crate is speediest, nearby lattice following and web is the slowest.

Re: QNAP NAS with an option for SATA 2 drives and SATA 3 drives

It might have a change but the blast speed of the drive (and that would be what they proclaim) isn't set up to compose a bean's worth of departure in your NAS when you're talking SATA2 or 3.