Thread: Trash items gone permanently in Mac OS X even after it has not been emptied

Trash items gone permanently in Mac OS X even after it has not been emptied

Unlike countless different issues including the ineffectualness to junk, or to keep an item from re-showing up, my iMac had developed an eccentricity that is concerning. As with my Macbook Air, I have invariably been ready to drag an item(s) to the trash, and until I exhaust the trash-to see those items and even drag them out. Now I still can do that with the Macbook, but not the iMac. Whenever I drop a part in, I get an msg inquiring in the event that I feel the need to erase this part, as it will be unrecoverable. Certainly enough, drop move and customize it into the refuse and it vanishes-for all time, no indication of it whatsoever in the trash. No, the case is not ticked in the Finder inclination, to Empty Trash Securely. Any pieces of information that will help restore back to the previous scenario?

Re: Trash items gone permanently in Mac OS X even after it has not been emptied

Attempt deleting the Finder preferences. You will identify them in Yourhomefolder\library\preferences.

Drag com.apple.finder.plist to the desktop and reboot your computer.

Check the trash conduct with an unwanted item

I am having the almost identical problem as Ras-x, concerning a year later. I declare practically on the grounds that also to any index or organizer I drag to the trash vanishing (when the warning), the Empty Trash, Secure Empty Trash and Move to Trash binds in the Finder Menus are all grayed out. Well known on the net ventures gave loads of comparative junk situations, but this one presented above by Ras-x on 9/19/10 is precisely what I'm encountering, short every last trace of the grayed out buttones. I was so animated when I found this, but my fervor was fast reinstated by bafflement following erasing the discoverer prefs and rebooting foundered to alter any of the issues.

To make matters (for me) is this is incident on my partner's PC. He is right now in abroad so I would like to call him. He is cognizant I'm utilizing it, I possess every last trace of the passwords, but I'm not confident precisely when this begun, before or following he left. Would he be able to have some strange I'm ignorant of which tries not to permit anything to be destroyed? It sounds abnormal. I don't know if there is the embodiment of a thing or why he'd utilize it, or not make me attentive to it. At the same time then, I should get this fixed as I coincidentally pill a foremost record into his trash which I had not moved down on my hard drive (we are networked).

Log out of that computer and log in again utilizing a distinctive record. Since you don't have a diverse record, make one before you log out and verify that it is an Admin record. Now that you have logged in utilizing the late record, see if the symptoms are still there and if the Trash situation perseveres