Thread: After upgrading to Lion the icons won’t stay put

After upgrading to Lion the icons won’t stay put

For as much as set up to Lion, a significant number of icons in icon see won't stay put. I set icon by none, sort by none and invariably I see the icon open. This is likewise the default. This happens on the system drive and on mounted outside drives. The issue is not unwavering. Now and again an envelope will improve icon positions and some of the time it doesn't. Any ideas, how to alter it from Apple? As I recall, there were flaky things about icon address in 10.6 but they went distant when a spot.

Re: After upgrading to Lion the icons won’t stay put

Unfortunately, I have several registries that have an impressive number of indexes where their arrangement is noteworthy. . Arranging by name, etc. would totally negate my purpose. In any occasion, setting to "none" for organize and sort has been in the past how you are equipped to figure your particular special positioning. Lion either has adapted the principles in the Finder or there is one or more bugs in the new Finder.

Actually to express that this situation is not related to Lion OS. I have found that the icons in the Document window of our MBP meander around, and beyond any doubt identified this incident to the utilization of Disk Warrior to check the records and envelopes. I apprehended that following utilizing it the positions updated and we had to re-orchestrate the icons afresh.

I possess the same correct issue where both my Mac Book Pro and my Mac Pro have lost icon arrangement at irregular each so regularly. This NEVER happened before Lion, and it is now a HUGE issue for me in light of the fact that I have a ton of icons and my workflow requests their position be composed by my particular guidelines.

Apple Forums/"Communities" have countless such presents w same situation. I, too, have this situation of both icons not staying put regardless of displacing .DS Store (concealed) records AND, Finder settings not staying put or "staying" either. I've viewed much composed regarding this in diverse puts, but have perused of no fixes within the OS itself. I'm reasoning, consequently, that this is a 10.7.x situation. How about we trust its altered in OS X 10.7.2.

This is a situation for numerous users of the 10.7 Lion OS, not a situation in SnoLeo. In this way we would give just about anything to button for any Lion user who might have a fix for this. "Snap to Grid" tries not to take into consideration finish user situation of icons, acc. to the users enjoying, and therefore not supportive.

What provided that you make a point not to strive for "view as icons" but run over to "see as sections" in Finder see? Perhaps the bug just concerns icon see? I consistently utilize section see as a considerable number of users do and have no situations with icons moving. On the Desktop, masterminding icons by name makes them staying put. The situation I have (not perceived it positively with past cats) is that some icons try not to appear on the desktop (they are transparent with no record kind channeled), just the document title. Logging out and once more on aides but not for extended, I could affection to have a permanently alter for that as well.

Clearly the poster would like to see his full icons, not the modest see of them in different sees. The same setback with my companion, who has trouble spotting her direction unless she would be able to see substantial habit icons in the consistent position foreordained, by her in the Documents envelope. It is a matter of tasteful gratefulness and of speed of utilization.

Have you attempted to see what happens to icon positioning following you utilize Disk Warrior? Our icons haven't meandered after the final DW check, which fortifies my sensation that meandering in Leopard is an exemption joined to utilizing certain provisions, although with Lion the situation could seem, by all accounts, to be far additional normal. Obviously there could be some provision in the Lion system itself that purposes it, instead of a client-put one as could appear in be the case with Snow Leopard.