Thread: MacPro crashes after updating to MacOSX 10.6.8

MacPro crashes after updating to MacOSX 10.6.8

I have upgraded my MacPro to 10.6.8. Following it generally finishes the boot procedure, it unequivocally shutdown. In safe mode, it finishes and I am able to login in, but within moments it actually shutdown. System log proposes something to do with the default vpn client, but I attempted evacuating it from begin up and it still happens. I utilized Time Computer and Install DVD to return back to 10.6.7. I would give anything to get the issue determined so I could probably update to Lion.

Re: MacPro crashes after updating to MacOSX 10.6.8

You would be able to attempt the manually downloaded form of the update. While I don't necessarily purchase the superstitious thinking some individuals have that case them to be more reliable, following AFAIK, no living creature has in fact done anything even remotely looking like deductive testing to attempt and demonstrate that it can't have been any of the alternate potential outcomes. It appears to work for some folks. I would not be able to purchase the thinking individuals utilize, but it is no picnic to contend with effects.

Actually head off to Apple's support page, and from there you might as well have the capacity to identify connections to get to a download page, and you'll recognize the 10.6.8 updates in there.

I downloaded and instituted the new 10.6.8 update on my mac expert 3.1. The grey expiration screen showed up upon restart and nothing appears to have the ability to carry the PC back. At the mac store, they had to eradicate my project disc and re-fix the working system. The workstation could boot now. I utilized readdress right hand to restore my applications and settings from backed up down system disc and the crash situation turned around.

I had the same issue. The just method back to square one was to embed my fix DVD and reinstall. I then upgraded back to 10.6.7 and things are running as ordinary again. I did attempt the combo updater to 10.6.8 one more time before backpedaling to .7 but I got the same effect. What are the specs of your system? Mine are beneath...
    • Mac Pro (Spring 2008 I think)
    • Quad core
    • 3GHz
    • 2 processors
    • 10GB memory
    • ATA Radeon HD 4870 Graphics cards - 512MB of on board memory
    • Apple RAID card

I'm not setting myself up as a master, simply an extended time user (1st mac in 1978). I have successfully upgraded every one of the 4 Macs in my House-24" iMac (3.06GHz Core 2 Duo), a15" Macbook master (2.2 GHz Core i7), a 15" Macbook Pro (2.53Ghz Core 2 Duo) and a 13" iMac (2GHz Core 2). No situations with any of them.

I am not certain that the above will fix your problem(s), but it is intriguing, that I have never had a situation with a system update taking after the proposed housekeeping steps. Standard fundamental upkeep is as indispensible for a mac to continue droning as it is for a value auto to continue murmuring. Value makes a point not to liken to utilize and neglect.

My procedure is the same without fail I do a Sys redesign. I run Disk Utility and run Permissions and unfailingly do Disk verification. I constantly utilize auto updating, whenever the system update is finished I run Disk Utility over and over verify the plate. It is uncommon not to have some liberty remedied. I in addition take the opening of running 'Monolingual' and evacuate all unwanted dialect records. Once a month I run Techtool expert and do a complete system check incorporating volume and index structures. (Again, whilst not consistently, from chance to time mistakes do appear and are repaired. By the way there are different comparable applications to TT Pro, so I'm not showing this is the just application for this work).

I've had the same correct situation a few times on my iMac (circa 2007), I guess the response is to go back to 10.6.7 and stay there, or get a late workstation in the end.