Thread: Windows 7 login screen showing "other user" icon

Windows 7 login screen showing "other user" icon

Hi, I have installed windows 7 in my machine and it has one admin and another user account but don’t know what could be the reason but I am not able to access the user account from the Login screen, any idea what could be the reason? Because everything was working perfectly before some days but I have noticed this yesterday. Apart from this the worst case is like whenever I boot the machine it just shows icon named “other user” and whenever we click on that we can’t access that also.

Need suggestion for accessing that account, any would be appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 login screen showing "other user" icon

have you putted any password for that particular user? Because see that’s the only reason that we can’t access that account while Login.

I am agree with the above user as you should try to make sure that whether you have putted any password or not, or if yes then you’ll not be access that account till you administrative rights on that particular machine.

But if suppose however you are not able to access that account, you need to login through administrator and then rename that account, and then try to access It from there, but if you are still not getting access to that account you should try to delete it and create another one.

I was also having the same problem with my machine and I got the solution for this. and for that you have to carry out the below mentioned steps.

1. First of all you have to Open regedit and for that first of all press Windows+R Type regedit + enter.

2. As the registry window opens you have to navigate to below mentioned path [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList]

3. You will almost certainly desire to right-click on “ProfileList” and hit on export to keep the entire subtree in case something goes incorrect.

4. You will discover quite a few subfolders or “keys” named something like “S-1-x-xx…”, open them as single at the time

5. every should enclose at least the three value-sets, “Flags”, “ProfileImagePath” and “State”, some will contain more.

• glance at the end of ProfileImagePath for the name of the user stand for by the key

• You will frequently have one for every consumer on the system, and one for each of the three system entries ‘systemprofile’, ‘LocalService’ and ’NetworkService’

6. No you have to remove any key i.e. the whole “S-1-x-xx” folder that does not have at least those three values

7. The welcome screen should now work as predictable, screening the avatar for all registered users.

Hey thanks for the suggestion as it was really good solution but still I am not getting what could be the reason behind showing that icon though I haven’t created it.