Thread: Computer trying to install windows XP at every startup

Computer trying to install windows XP at every startup

Hi, I have currently installed windows XP in my machine but don’t know what could be the reason causing this as whenever I start the machine it just attempt to install another copy of the operating system in the machine. and the thing that doesn’t make sense is like how is it possible?

Actually when I did the system restore which caused a driver issue, and consequently I tried to repair windows XP using the F12, boot from CD option. And which in turns try to find out those drivers and as it don’t found any I get the BSOD and it just start installing windows XP.

Is there anyone here having same problem with their machine? any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Computer trying to install windows XP at every startup

Quite wired problem I have ever seen, because see I have suggested many people to update their drivers for such a BSOD problems but reinstallation of windows is newer one.

Are you sure that you haven’t put the windows installation disk in the machine? because see it might be the reason as whenever you boot the machine and when it doesn’t get those drivers so it try to find them through the disk inserted in the drive.

So according to me you should try to make sure that there isn’t any disk inserted and if there is any then you should try to remove it and then see what happens.

I am not sure but it might be possible that as you have run the system repair from the disk and it probably turn in to causing damage to the existing file system of your operating system. and I think the windows is not recognizing as it is been installed and thus you are getting this kind of problem because I have never ever seen any such problem with the machine ever before, otherwise there could be only one possibility that the above user had already mentioned.

I am agree with the above user as you should try to remove the disk out of drive and then see what happens.

But if suppose this is the problem regarding the driver only, then you should try to run the machine in safe mode and remove all the drivers from the machine, so that at normal startup it will not search for any until and unless you want to install it. so if that perfectly works then you should try to reinstall those drivers again in your machine and the reboot the machine again.

I am sure the problem would be resolved for sure.

I have checked properly as there isn’t any disk in the drive but still having same problem after reinstalling the driver as well. any more suggestion?

I think having the same problem again and again is quite pathetic and as you are getting BSOD that simply means there could be some problem with either hardware or software, and thus it may result in damaging any of the thing.

Thus according my recommendation you should try to reinstall the whole windows again in your machine. Because though you have run repair mode but I don’t it actually repairs any thing.

idea Re: Computer trying to install windows XP at every startup

well gents I to are in the same boat,i went as far as to use EASEUS.Partition.Master.v9.0.0.Professional.Edition to partition my hard drives
    which i did find both unallocated however thats understandable as in my previous steps before i had deleted my partitions as i wanted to make a clean slate as i tryed to fix the MBR to no avail, using scf /scannow and /fixmbr at any rate this did not solve the problem but i regress lets start from the clean slate i have two drives one Primary and one Logical C: being Primary so i let EASEUS.Partition.Master do its thing well kind of i delelted my primary as i was thrown as each drive stated they were both unallocated and made a new one bringing back the NTSF format so i slapped in windows and let it run Boom BSOD again heat yes i checked ,memory checked it too so i wonder whats up i did however discover this machine that i just installed windows on is running Basic both drives c: d: and both have a Master Boot Record {MBR} its the other pc i cant get to install
    well at any rate now that ive ramble on like a fool and didnt offer up any help
    i bid adue and if anything i said made a lick of sence or made you think of something that might help please ad on to this thanks in advance LB