Thread: What are Orphaned chkdsk files

What are Orphaned chkdsk files

I have been using the Windows computer from the past several years and I do know much about it. Beforehand I was using the Windows XP but now I am using windows 7. Recently I am switched to it. I now came to know about the Orphaned chkdsk files. What are they? I know the chkdsk?

Re: What are Orphaned chkdsk files

An orphaned file is a file for which a record segment valid file exists but is not listed in any directory. An orphaned file can often be restored to the appropriate directory if that directory at rest exists. If the suitable directory no longer exists, CHKDSK creates a directory within the root directory and places the file. These files usually contain fragments of files, orphaned entries and cross connections, as they emerge from a crash or improper shutdown. If your system is stable at the moment you can safely delete the.

Yesterday when I booted up my computer got the following is happening: there was a blue screen (blue screen is not the 98s, XP) and my computer has started to check the disk D (with "chkdsk / f"). Something is Inconsistent!? It was orphaned files. Moved to any folder. After 45 minutes it was ready to expect. I had it before. I only use the D drive very rarely (only once for backup).

Looks at C: \ Program Files, all that remains for a soft and definitely already uninstalled (Do not turn what remains of those apps or games that you might reinstall later) is orphaned files. For the record, it's harder to manage, I personally do not touch it.