Thread: Windows XP Pro Service Pack2 is unable to recognize LG USB 2.0 flashdisk device

Windows XP Pro Service Pack2 is unable to recognize LG USB 2.0 flashdisk device

I have recently purchased an LG USB 2.0 flashdisk called Memorizer 256MB. I have Pentium 4 machine at home. I have windows xp operating system installed on my machine. Now my problem is that whenever I try to connect my new lg usb 2.0 flashdisk to the usb port, windows doesn’t recognize it and gives an error message like "USB device not recognized" I have tried connecting other usb devices in the same port, and all are working absolutely fine. I would make a request that please help me out regarding this problem. Any suggestions given would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Windows XP Pro Service Pack2 is unable to recognize LG USB 2.0 flashdisk device

I suspect that your usb port in which you are trying to connect the flashdisk is working fine as you said that other devices are working absolutely fine when they are connected to that usb port. As I think the issue is either with your usb device or with your computer. I would like to ask you that have you installed the latest usb drivers.

Re: Windows XP Pro Service Pack2 is unable to recognize LG USB 2.0 flashdisk device

I hope that you have installed proper drivers for windows xp. If not then I would suggest you to do that. I think that the problem is related to the operating system that you have installed

Well even I have lg usb 2 flashdrive. My device is working absolutely fine. I also have windows xp pro service pack 2 operating system installed. I would suggest you to go to the device manger and check that does the enhanced usb have a yellow! Next to it. If yes it has then you must right click from mouse and select the properties. Then select driver tab, click update driver. This will find the Microsoft driver for sp2 for usb 2. Sometimes what happens is that the enhanced drivers do not install unless you remind it to. Usb 1 can work fine even if enhanced controller is not installed. I hope my suggestions are helpful to you. If it isn’t then I would ask you to reply me back so that I can give you some other effective solution so that you can get your issue resolved.

I think there is some problem with your system’s motherboard. I would suggest you to clean your motherboard. Remember you must try to clean it physically. I suspect that dust and all sorts of things are making it literally impossible for the usb port to detect the device.

I think you must change the jumper of the usb power in the motherboard. Try to release it and then try reconnecting it. I hope this will help.

I am having the same flashdrive. I was also facing the same problem. Then I researched a lot regarding this and finally found out a solution for it and fixed it. I released the jumper and then changed it to another position and you know what it helped and my flash disk got recognized. So I would also recommend you to try this as I think this might solve the issue of yours.

I would also say that try to find any patch if it is available on the internet. There are many forums on the internet where you will find such discussions. I am sure that there must be some fix available for this. Try to google on the internet and look for the same. Once you find it, try to download it and install it. I am damn sure that this will resolve the problem.

I hope that you are not using any extension cable for USB flash drive. I think you must try to format the system once to rectify the issue. so I would suggest you to try formatting or reinstalling windows might help.