Thread: How to set auto logon in Windows 7 professional

How to set auto logon in Windows 7 professional

As I am new user to the Windows 7 professional, I don’t know how to do auto logon for this new OS. I really have try many thing but not get the solution of how to Auto Logon, I even visited several sites but not get the correct answer for this issue, I have also try tweakui tool to set auto logon but this also fail, so if you people have any kind of information then let me know this. Your help is necessary so guys help me to resolve this.

Re: How to set auto logon in Windows 7 professional

First of all you don’t need any kind of tool to do this, you just go to the following steps may it help you. Go to run and this dialog box copy and paste control userpasswords2 and press enter. After that User Accounts Window will appear, and then you have to select the username from the list which you want to set for autologin. If you have completed with your selection then you have to un-mark the option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". Then click on the Apply button after that whenever you want to logon just enter your password and press OK.

Go to the Run which is present inside the Start, type ‘regedit’ and then press Enter; now you will see the registry editor where you have to go for
    • ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE| SOFTWARE| Microsoft| Windows NT| CurrentVersion| Winlogon’.
    Now you have to check for the values AutoAdminLogon, DefaultPassword and DefaultUsername on the right hand side if they are present then you have to double click on each one and write this data for the corresponding value
    • AutoAdminLogon Value = 1
    • DefaultPassword Value = the password you want to use
    • DefaultUsername Value= the username of the account you want to log in.

I also use Windows 7. And I know the simple way of how to logon automatically in windows 7. For this you have to go for these simple steps
    • Enter the command (netplwiz) in start, and then press Enter.
    • Now you will see the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel applet, from there you have to unchecked the option ‘Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer’.
    • Apply for the change.
    • After the Automatically Log On dialog box appears you just enter the user name that you wish to set for the login purpose to the windows 7, and then enter your password you want to keep. Press OK button.
    • Now you have completed the process, so whenever the window start the System log on automatically.

These is useless to logon to the computer each time start if we are using home computer for gaming or something unimportant, so there is the need arise for autologon to the system , where the system log automatically. So first of all we have to get the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to get to this setting. Then write in ‘netplwiz’ into the start menu search box, strikes enter, if that doesn’t help then, you are capable of type in control userpasswords2 as an alternative. Now make unchecked to the option which indicate “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”, and then make that change to apply by hitting the apply button. Enter the correct information and after that press OK.