Thread: Unable to format Windows including missing NLTDR

Unable to format Windows including missing NLTDR

I had a computer that was windows vista. I need to move it to Windows XP. I hold the disc and all and attempt to reformat the C: drive, but it was giving a hard drive error. I then would have liked to re-make a fresh out of the plastic new segment. I erased every last trace of the allotments catalogued then after that made a newfangled one for the C: drive. Then when I reboot now I get a slip: NTLDR is absent. I then attempt to accompany the underneath determination and for some explanation it should not spared me the time to duplicate the indexes the machines C: drive. It expressed duplicate was not successful. I then attempt to reformat the C: drive and it gets stayed on 47%. Does any individual know where the issue is or how I am able to make a BRAND new partition properly?

Re: Unable to format Windows including missing NLTDR

The matter of course proposal is to completely eradicate the hard drive with DBAN (liberate download) before booting from the XP installation CD. Then utilize the XP setup system does build an allotment. It should be fresh out of the box new. I slip up to see why any individual could fix a 10-year old as of now unsupported OS on anything. Anyway that would be your decision. We should trust you get it working enough to be content.

You need to look for further troubles with this install. XP doesn't distinguish SATA hard drives and will look for you, to unite the fitting SATA drivers from a floppy circle or some alternate media, the same time as the instate course of action.

When that and when the introduce is finish, you then need to consider every last trace of the drivers, incorporating motherboard/chipset, sound, motion picture, LAN drivers, and whatever is wanted. That XP plate should not have those. This may authenticate troublesome.

A suitable dependable guideline: individuals who need to ask about fixing XP over Vista don't have learning to do it.
    So the situation I look for:
    • -DBAN eradicates his recovery segment
    • -he didn't make disks
    • -he doesn't succeed in installing XP
    • -he needs to spend a great deal of cash purchasing a retail form of Windows 7

Make and model of your PC. A large number of PSc make a point not to go with plates but rely on the closure user to make the plates instantly following buy utilizing their recovery media inventor applet. A large number of the computer producers additionally join a recovery partition that might be entered and utilized to restore the PC to plant specs by pressing many sided keys in the midst of the boot procedure. Until you tell us the make (Dell, or Acer, or HP etc.) and model (as well as model number if appropriate) we could not give you any particular direction.

I saw the drivers for XP on the dell online presence when I checked out the track code for the particular system. All the more I attempted where I duplicate those files from the I386 envelope and it can't recognize the c:\ root envelope in spite of the fact that I set up a just out of the plastic new parcel.

DBAN or blank the drive. There is no more corrupt drive. There might be alternate issues similar to a fizzling drive, grave smash or the IDE link but this is not a degenerate drive issue.

In some old systems there was a BIOS boot area protection. Turn it on and you get a flabbergasting number of post instate mistakes. Today you take the initial XP CD (the unified with no SP1,2,3) and after that before you instate, make segments with some different apparatus. Well-nigh consistently you will recognize an additional accumulation of post fix failures. Rehash part 2 but attempt this with a roll over 127GB and considerably more slips.

Perusing the above examination make model, size HDD, what the HDD is associated to, the BIOS SATA setting and correct form of that XP CD connotes this fix is improbable.