Thread: Free windows 8 upgrade

Free windows 8 upgrade

I am looking to upgrade my windows 7 system to Windows 8. I do know that there are several download links available on the internet which will only offer you Windows 8 ISO files. I don’t know what to do with this ISO. I didn’t get any activation key along with these. So I am asking here is there any free windows 8 upgrade possible?

Re: Free windows 8 upgrade

Windows 8 differs from its predecessor, directly at first glance. The splash screen is no longer the familiar desktop, instead, the user programs and files in a new tile surface indicated. This is more reminiscent of the mobile operating system Windows Phone 7 Microsoft already provides a first version, with the net world is available as a download. Since it is a development version, it is recommended only for testing.

With Windows 7 managed Microsoft a big hit. But for the next operating system, Windows 8, the software giant is planning many new features. The difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8 will be greater than the difference between Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Who ever thought to find in an update to version 8, Windows 7 users will be surprised to see the new interface style "Metro" which introduces the new Microsoft operating system. The desktop we were used to start becomes a simple application of the dozens that populate the screen. Each new application is installed is automatically associated with an app with lots of button "Tile" dedicated.

It would not surprise me that at a later stage, the normal interface is accessible. The old interface is already quite developed in that respect and they will not sit waiting for Microsoft to comment on the old interface. Metro is just where they want to hear anything about. And that's what they achieve in this way. Anyone test with Metro to work and so they get comments. Just look at the comments in any thread about Windows 8, 90% consists of commentary on Metro.

The new operating system is designed to fit the devices it runs on, but it is clearly more oriented for use on a computer with a touch screen. The use of mouse and keyboard on a desktop computer does not affect the functionality and user experience, but it diminishes the dynamism that characterizes it.

The traditional functions of Windows, such as control panel, but more are still quickly accessible thanks to special tile as "Control Panel".

The load times of Windows 8 is fast, passing by several minutes they were using earlier versions of a few tens of seconds depending on the device on which it operates.

This preview is available free of charge and can be used freely until the issuance of the final version of which I still do not know the release date let alone the price.

You can download it from here: Download windows 8 Developer Preview

To install Windows 8 on a PC no special hardware requirements, Microsoft recommends that you install the new operating system on machines where it was already in use Windows 7, for our test we used an old laptop with Windows XP and 1 GB of Ram and we encountered no problems.