Thread: Server support on Windows 8

Server support on Windows 8

I am running company where I am using Windows servers 2003 on the computer of mine. I have come to know about that Microsoft of is looking to releasing the new iteration of the Windows operating system that is Windows 8. I am noob about this particular operating system and I wanted to know about the server support of the Windows 8. Let me know if you are having any precious information to get the idea on this particular matter.

Re: Server support on Windows 8

Windows 8 is not just the new version of the desktop client but it is also new version of the Microsoft server software. It is an evolution build of the Windows server 2008 and it is having features for the private cloud operation and for the operations at a scale. It can be retained by the small as well as medium sized organization. It will be challenging work for the Microsoft to provide the balancing act and company need to handle carefully if t Windows server is suppose to be successful.

It will have the beta quality so there could be minor of crashing while using the same. we are going to have couple of user interface elements which are restarting and reloading quit quickly. I don’t recommend that you should not use the same for the purpose of the production but if the feature of Windows is not suitable for the requirement of the company of yours.

I have come to know about the thing that is there will be couple of changes into the UI of the server. All the kind of the version of the Windows 8 server are going to be run into three different kind of the UI mode.
    The very first on is the familiar Windows UI in the second one you are going to have the UI less command line which is usually used into server core. The third one is the removal of the graphical shell and browser but still you will be able to sever manager as well as Microsoft Management Console. Server core is used for the installation Windows 8 sever with the shell as an optionl component which can be added and removed whenever you needed.

Microsoft is looking for the server which is having the function which you can make use to run the operations of yours. it will reduce the security risk but also it will reduce the need for the patching and planned downtime.