Thread: Mouse cursor flashing “busy” in windows vista x64

Mouse cursor flashing “busy” in windows vista x64

I have a computer at home. My computer is actually working absolutely fine except I am facing some issues with the mouse. I am having some problem whenever I am accessing windows file. Whenever I access windows file, the mouse cursor starts to flicker. It goes to busy from normal for about few seconds. This thing is really annoying. Actually my mouse is working fine otherwise. I just want to know what could be the problem. I have installed all updates. Below I have mentioned my system configuration:

• i7-920/ 3gb DDR3(1066) ram
    • ATI HD5670-1gb
    • 750gb HD
    • Gateway FX6000 series
    • Vista x64

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Mouse cursor flashing “busy” in windows vista x64

I would like to know what security software you are running. I mean, I want to know that are you running firewall, anti-virus, or anti-malware software’s? I think that you are running too many software’s together. Scanners may conflict the files as all are under the scanner process and you might be accessing that file only. This would be making the cursor so busy. I would suggest you to stop running many such software’s at the background. Also tell me that do you have any windows indexing service running? It means windows search. I hope you get what I am trying to say to you.

I am facing the same issues with my mouse cursor. I am running windows 7 and avg anti-virus. I have windows firewall on. I have not made any change in the computer. I have run a full scan and found nothing of any concern. I don’t know what is happening. Any ideas on why this is happening? I have seen lots of posts but most issues seem to be related to programs like word or files.

I would suggest you to install the drivers again. Download the drivers form the internet if you don’t have the drivers. I think this might resolve the issue of yours.