Thread: Microsoft RDC unable to override a "bad" or unrecognized certificate after upgrade to Lion.

Microsoft RDC unable to override a "bad" or unrecognized certificate after upgrade to Lion.

I have seen that there is the problems in my Microsoft's RDC client which is no longer verify and accept a "bad" or unrecognized certificate when connecting to a server. And trying so many thing finally I have to abort, and this problems start after the upgrading Lion. I have heard that Lion have the method for security around remote desktop connections, is these problems arise due to this method? So friends I need your help to resolve this Microsoft's RDC problems.

Re: Microsoft RDC unable to override a "bad" or unrecognized certificate after upgrade to Lion.

Ok you just try to get the connection towards a Windows Home Server, and try to view whether your selfsigned certificate is identified by RDC or not, since this kind of certificate is belongs to the user of that system only. Or you can create a rdc profile and then check the status for that, in the Security tab.

Re: Microsoft RDC unable to override a "bad" or unrecognized certificate after upgrade to Lion.

The Multiple Session Support provides Mac user’s instantaneous admittance to numerous Windows-based PCs or to the server that have the remote applications as well as files. Since it is also consider as Universal application, hence it can be compatible with all latest version of Windows and Mac platforms. The security improvement that can assist to look after the remote computer protecting from hackers and malicious software is provide by Network Level Authentication (NLA).

The server authentication is responsible for the verification for the system connecting to the proper remote computer or server in Remote Desktop Connection (RDC). Prevention from being connecting to a different computer or server other than your connection is avoided by security measure. The confidential information is also protecting by this security measure. Server authentication is always facilitating for the connection, by this by default. So you should first clear out this rules and then go through your problems may your problems is somewhat related to this issue only. May it help you and if by chance not then you have to call the expert or you have to visit the service center.

However the server authentication setting is set by default but by the way you want to set it manually to change server authentication settings then go to this steps:
    •Click start and then click on the All Programs, go to Accessories, after that click Communication, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
    •Go to the option and then click the Advanced tab
    •After that you will see the three available authentication options
    And depends on your choice you have to select the option required by your authentication process.

In the server authentication settings there are three available authentication options present from which you can selected as per the requirement.
    • If you want to connect without verifying the identity of the remote computer, then you have to enable the option for that which is the first option.
    • If you want that the system warns you, to decide whether you want to continue for the connection then you have to select the second option.
    • If you want not to connect with the connection if the authentication is fail then you have to enable the third option.