Thread: VMware View PCoIP Client for Linux

VMware View PCoIP Client for Linux

I suppose VMware View PCoIP Client for Linux is a work that is under the construction, although I have managed to take out the client from a published HP executable. I have done this just to have a look to check if it is promising, & I will suggest you not to use it in the production if you are not having consent or conformity with HP and other parties involved. Though if you are curious to try it just as I did on my Ubuntu machine; you could do the same by performing the check on the internet. One thing I would like to make aware you about is that If you wish for using this commercially things or whatever thing beside testing you ought to know that:
    o This is totally not supported
    o You might run in legal trouble.

Re: VMware View PCoIP Client for Linux

Can you tell me that how your xorg.conf will be looking? Although I can see the to see the gray title bar once linked in the View client (running Ubuntu 10.10 32bit) If I drift over the higher area of the screen with the mouse the View title bar The place where you connect the USB device, and options tabs is not found by me.

It is giving an impression that it is missing here too after my last update although I am running Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit. I considered I had observed it earlier than this. I am very much sure about this that I did as I got my USB to work once before. Well whatever it is just only for the investigational practice and still for me much enhanced than RDP even without USB access.

Yes, that’s right but for those of the people who have a "working" install, is the View title/USB bar is working? There are many of the features that are lost without it. I am having some of the example as screen shots, the only process by means of I can get View to work fully in Linux is if I first use VM workstation to run a different windows VM, with the view client installed, so it’s not the so I guess that it is not that much of efficient except for the one last part figured out. Thanks!

Yes friend you are right in saying that there is no bar, but the USB redirection working perfectly fine. I don’t know if there's a way to reset your desktop like on the windows client.

Hi there, I am having something for you here
    1.) When you extract the contents of the executable to a location
    2.) Copy them over to your linux box using USB or SCP or whatever method you choose.
    3.) Use "dpkg -i vmware.....deb" and any supplementary package you might find attractive. And you are done with it. done. It'll install and you can then drop to a terminal and type: vmware-view