Thread: crashes with VMPlayer 3.0.0 causing X on host.

crashes with VMPlayer 3.0.0 causing X on host.

Hello friends I am currently using VMPlayer 3.0.0 on an Ubuntu 9.10 host, with SLES9 and XP guests. XP is running fine, but I don't in fact tax it. I am using SLES to run some quite rigorous applications, and this appears to be the reason of my issues. In essence, VMPlayer collapses and it appears to take X on the host (or parts of it) with it. The difficulty was first apparent as a absolute freezing - no update displaying or keyboard or mouse stroke on the guest or the host. I was compelled to do a hard reset to getting back there. I believe the system itself was still running, as there's occasional Hard Disc Drive access, which is what recommended issue with X to me. This is happening frequently. Guys any help from your side.

Re: crashes with VMPlayer 3.0.0 causing X on host.

Hey I am having the similar issues any help from your side guys? That will be much appreciated.

Ok, The same issue is here also just have uninstalled 3.0.0 and gave a trial to 2.5.3 -. It did seem that it took longer to crash, but with the unpredictability of the problem I'm not game to say whether it's important. As it is the problem which is occurring on the two different two different VMPlayer versions, Can anyone suggest what the reason behind this is?

I had precisely similar issue with VMPlayer 3 and 2.5.3 I had VMPlayer 2.x installed and all the things were working smoothly. The problem started to begin after installation of VMPlayer 3.0 it was then frequently crashing 2-5 times per day what resulted with host and guest freeze – Then I went for the option hard reset. Then I made my mind to downgrade to VMPlayer 2.5.3 and it started to crash too, fortunately not so often and crash took it too VMPlayer shutdown and false keyboard mapping. Modifier keys were not working including Shift, Caps Lock and Ctrl.

As of now I am using a SLES9 guest in an Ubuntu 10.04 host, with VMware Player 3.10 build 261024. I gave the VM 1536MB of RAM, and I am having a couple of virtual hard disks attached. After a while in the VM, with no obvious prototype, I get a crash roughly precisely the same. After a sufficient amount of Googling, I have been receiving the sensation that the crash is connected to disk IO, but that also might just be because I'm running quite rigorous operations in the VM.