Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 freezes always whenever VMware Player crash

Ubuntu 10.04 freezes always whenever VMware Player crash

Hello friends, I am using the Ubuntu 10.04 operating system, whenever the VMware Player crash, as it mouse and keyboard frozen with the child Operating System, which previously was been crash with the VMware popup error and also it locked any of them and even the all input devices which is out of the host Operating System. Ctrl-Alt-Del function and also the power button do not even work for me. In short, everything is been dead on VMware. The error not only crashes VMware itself, but almost the Operating system as well. The only way I can restart the computer is by removing the plug of the system and installed it again.

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 freezes always whenever VMware Player crash

You can try to reinstall Player or reinstall guest Operating System or even you install another Operating system to find source of this bug which is creating the problem on your system.

Well I was having the problem so I have reinstall it and update VMware player to higher version 3.1.4 build-385536 and also the kernel of Ubuntu 10.04 to version 2.6.32-31-generic 64 bit. The same virtual machine does not create this type of the problem on other host with the VMware player 3.1, such on the Operating system Win XP or Win 7. I suspect this problem is for the VMware player for Linux operating system or it might be some hardware problem. As I am using the notebook Dell Vostro 3550 which is having an Intel i5 with 4 GB RAM. You can try to re-install the player and see it works or not.

You can try to install lib GL using apt-get, as I do not know the exact pat right now, you can search of it. Search apt-cache and you will be able to get it. Try it.

Even I have experienced Ubuntu crashes when I use to run application on to the system. The problem which is required to have the better hardware which involves the graphics card and also some games, so you can try to re-install the drivers of the application which you have been loaded and try to run the application which you were getting the problem. This is one solution which I can provide to you and hope it will be able to solve the problem of yours. I have try the same and it has worked for me, hope it work for you also.