Thread: install OS X on asus p5qpl-vm epu motherboard

install OS X on asus p5qpl-vm epu motherboard

HI, I have recently bought a machine and in which I have gotten asus p5qpl-vm epu motherboard, and I am planning to install OSx 86 in that. but I don’t know how do I install it. is there anyone here who had installed this operating system in their machine? if yes then please let me know about that. and I have heard that for installing this operating system we need to have that particular hardware as well installed in machine, so is it true? Don’t I install this on my one?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: install OS X on asus p5qpl-vm epu motherboard

yeah that’s right as you must have to have that good hardware as well, but still that doesn’t matter however which motherboards we are using because as the extent to I know you can install it in your machine for sure.

you can follow the installation steps I am mentioning but before that you should go through some of the steps that I am mentioning. Such as Make sure that your DVD drive is set up as primary slave. Both your keyboard and mouse should either be PS/2 and both should be USB; you cannot mix and match. Make a primary partition while you are using windows.

Installation steps:

1. Boot off the install DVD and go on clicking until it’s time to decide the partition on which to install Mac OS X. Go to ‘Utilities –> Disk Utility’ and the left side of the panel would now show all the partitions. And choose the one you desire and click on ‘erase’ tab. Choose ‘Journaled’ as the file-system, and you can name the partition as well, and click on the ‘erase’ button.

Try to avoid naming this partition with spaces in the name like ‘Mac OS X’ etc.

2. 2- The subsequent significant panel is ‘Installation Type’. And here you have to make a decision as ‘Custom’ and it would show you the list of packages to be installed.

Pay attention to the last entry there which holds the patches and other drivers which make this whole exercise potential. choose only those patches here which match your system hardware. So if you have an intel CPU, do NOT select anything related to AMD. This is important. If you are not sure whether your CPU supports SSE2 or SSE3, download this small standalone utility. Again, select SSE3 only if your processor supports it.

3. As the installer finishes installation it will reboot automatically when it’s done

there are several techniques through which you can install this operating system on your machine, and I always use to do it with the help of flash drive only.

And the most important thing is like you should try to install the post installation pack as well in your machine so that all other component would be installed, and this is necessary to fix all the previous bugs in the software.

if you are having the original disk then you must be having guide for that particular operating system. you can carry on with this guide I mentioned as well.

I think it seems that you haven’t even search about the same on this forum ever before, because this is already mentioned over here. Thus you should just go through the following link below.

How to Install OS X via iDeneb 1.3 onto HP Mini 110 ?

thanks for the suggestion, I have installed the same with technique you have mentioned. But the only problem is like there are too many bugs regarding the sound, brightness and many more. So how to remove them?

you are right actually but as mentioned by the above user as you must have to install post installation pack in your machine then only the threat you have mentioned would be fixed.