Thread: Cannot connect internet in Puget system using windows 7

Cannot connect internet in Puget system using windows 7

hi friends I am using Puget system computer and I have recently installed windows 7 operating system in my computer and first I was using windows Vista in my computer and after installing the windows 7 in my computer I am facing one issue with my computer. Now I am not able to connect the internet in my computer. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Cannot connect internet in Puget system using windows 7

You have to first make sure that you have connected your modem properly with your computer or disconnect all the wires and cables from your computer and after that you have to connect all the cables again with your system and after that you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

As you have said that in your above post that you are not able to connect the internet and after installing the windows 7 operating system then I will first suggest you to check whether you have installed the Ethernet drivers and LAN drivers or not. Because if you have not installed these drivers then you will not able to connect the internet. first you have to insert the driver CD in your computer and after that you have to install the drivers and after that check whether you are able to connect the internet or not. if you don’t have the drivers CD then you have to first download the Ethernet drivers and LAN drivers from the internet by vesting the Puget system official site and after that you have to install the drivers in your computer and after installing the drivers you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. I think after installing the drivers your problem will get solved.

As far as I know you should first try to solve this problem by resetting the modem which you are using with your computer. because many times by resetting the modem also we can fix this problem and that is why I am suggesting you this issue.

if you don’t know about how to reset the modem then you have to do following steps. first you have to make sure that modem is connected and it is turned on and after that at the back side of the modem you will find the reset button. now you have to press that button for some seconds and then modem will restart now after that you have to do all the setting again and after doing all the setting s you have to try to use the internet and after that you will not get any issue.

I have read your solutions and after that I have tried to solve this issue by installing the drivers which you have suggested but that doesn’t make any difference and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by resetting the modem and after resetting the modem also I was still having the same problem. if anyone have same problem and have solution then let me know.

Well according to me you have to try to solve this issue by using network troubleshoot option in your computer. in your computer you have installed windows 7 operating system and there is a one option in the windows 7 called network trouble soot and I think you should first click on that and then check whether it makes any difference for you or not.
    • in your system tray you have to right click on the network icon.
    • After clicking on that you have to select the Troubleshoot network connection problems.
    • After that it will first detect the issues and after that resolve the issue also.
    • now after that you have to check whether you are able to connect the internet or not.

you can also try to solve this problem by disabling the power management option in adapter setting and after disabling that your problem will get solved and you will not get any issue.

If you want to disable the power management option in adapter setting then you have to follow these steps.

• First you have to go to the network and sharing center by doing right click on the network on system tray.
    • after that you have to click on the change adapter settings which you will find on the left side of the window.
    • Now after doing that you have to click on the properties and then you have to select the power management option.
    • after doing that you have to also uncheck all the boxes and then your problem will get solved.

I have already tried to solve this problem by right clicking on the network icon from system tray and after that selecting the troubleshoot option and after that also I was getting the same issue with my system and after that I have referred your post regarding the adapter setting and I have disable the power management option and after doing that my problem gets solved.