Thread: Error message “gave up waiting for root device” during boot Ubuntu

Error message “gave up waiting for root device” during boot Ubuntu

I installed Ubuntu 8.10 and things were working fine. I installed ubuntu it on my external usb hdd of the laptop. For some reason this drive got corrupted and when I try to boot this system then Error message “gave up waiting for root device” arrives on it. Can somebody suggest what to do ? any help will be appreciates.

Re: Error message “gave up waiting for root device” during boot Ubuntu

To fix the issue took a bit more research and hence I suggest to you for execute the following task on it.
    sudo nano -w /etc/default/grub
    This will be work to solve such kind of trouble. After executing this task there is also need to execute the following command
    sudo grub-mkdevicemap --no-floppy
    sudo update-grub
    These commands will make an effort and this will be work to remove this error message.

It seems this is a SATA bus problem. If I wait for SATA bus to be ready then this error message arrives at the time of booting this Ubuntu system. In that case, there is necessary to use an special command to fix this problem. the official site provide such command. Then you need to run this command and in response this will be fix the gave up waiting for root device error.

If the problem is to be related to the SATA bus then I think you need to plug the CH10 in a SATA port. This SATA port is present on motherboard of this laptop. This SATA port connection helps to remove the entire connectivity problem. Then ubuntu can easily perform the booting process on your laptop. Try this and check what happen on it. You can also take the help of the expert person. This will be help to you for solving your problem. If it works you need to set the UUID back to your system expect.

You need to boot the LiveCD and run the boot info script onto it. This helps to perform such kind of installation on you ubuntu system. an be used for a quick demo or test of Ubuntu. This LiveCD helps to detect the basic problem of this booting process. If something wrong on it then it fix such kind of problem.

If you are burning an Ubuntu Live CD previously then only this solutions work. The LiveCD shows the Ubuntu partition as unrecognized. We can also say that this is just the backup of the system setting. It won’t give any kind of problem on your system. This Ubuntu Live CD has to be help to insert the supported files for improving the performance of this OS. It also works to fix the previous problem.

You can directly upgrade to Ubuntu 11.04 from Ubuntu 8.10 version. This process works to avoid such kind of problem. this upgrade task is to be able to install the supported files of this ubuntu. It also adds the additional features on it. Try this and see what happen on it.

The /dev/sda2 is an extended partition that contains the logical partition /dev/sda5. Then use this logical partition and it would be help to you for fnding and then fix such kind of problem on your system. For more information you need to use the expert advice. There are so ways available to fix this problem. the ubuntu expert works to do this task.